Luna?

I sat in my newly found car , starring at the transformed once pack house , which was now one of 2 mansions put together.

A lot had changed while I was gone.

Stepping out of my car , when I had entered the territory I could feel all of the pack links submerge once again. I never left this pack , but was simply separated from them for a while. And being so far from home , it was harder to talk to them.

Alpha Xander , I sure hope my welcome home greeting , isn't me having to wait in the drive of the pack house , all alone looking like an idiot.
I joked through our link.

I felt his confusion , before his shock and then his happiness float through.

Katrina? He gasped.

The one and only Alpha. I teased.

It took a whole of 30 seconds before the mansion doors swung open , revealing my best friend that the last time I saw him was 5 years ago.

He marched towards me like a mad man on a mission and I had to hold back my laugh. From my leaning position against my car , I immediately straightened my posture.

He was in front of me now and he was breathing hard . His features hadn't changed munched , but he was definitely the man I always knew he'd grow into.

A slight stubble , indicating he might be growing a beard out. His dark hair tousled like he had been stressed , and despite the dark circles and bloodshot eyes which I would presume was from the lack of sleep , he looked handsome.

His muscles looked to be confined in the tight muscle tee he was occupying. His well defined chest visible through.

Looking back into his eyes , I noticed a few unshed tears , and I didn't waste another second. Pulling him into a hug , wrapping my arms around his neck , his response was immediate , two strong arms encircling around my waist.

I breathed in his scent , earth and hazelnut. It had always been slightly addicting.

Before either of us could pull away or utter a single sound , we was ripped away from each other and I stumbled a little bit , hitting my back on the side mirror of my car. It didn't hurt , but damn that was rude.

A low growl caught my attention as I regained my balance quickly , I turned to face the petite blonde woman , who was standing in front of my best friend with an ugly snarl directed my way.

She was very pretty , but her expression wasn't doing her much justice. 5'4 I would say. Blonde hair , blue eyes. Her body was accessorised with a low cut top that showed quite the eyeful of cleavage and shorts that in my books I would consider short shorts or booty shorts.

Perhaps she just woke up? Artemis suggested unsure.

Probably.

Wait never mind not with that much makeup did she just wake up. Artemis snickered at her own response.

"Don't touch my mate , or I won't hesitate to put you in the ground pup." She growled at me , making me raise my eyebrow ever so slightly at her threat.

Mate? The thought of Xander finding his mate , did slightly leave Artemis and I disappointed.

Ever since our mate rejected us 4 years ago , Artemis claimed Xander but we never told him because we wasn't allowed to get in contact with him. But Artemis and I both agreed if he found his mate , we'd allow him to have his chance at happiness. Because at the end of the day if his happy , I'm happy. It's all I've ever wanted for him. I won't push for something , someone that technically isn't rightfully mine. She , whatever her name is , is the rightful Luna of this pack , my Luna.

Our Luna? She already seems to hate us. Artemis mumbled.

She was right , our Luna probably did , for touching her mate like so. We have to respect her and her position. I can move on from Xander , and I have to respect the leaders of my pack. Especially with what there is to come.

"I apologise Luna. Alpha Xander and I are old friends , we haven't seen each other in five years. I didn't mean to overstep my place. Please forgive me." I bowed my head ever so slightly , which was slightly weird considering our height differences.

I don't care if technically I do have more power than she does , she doesn't know what I am or what I can do. She is still my Luna and leader and I must respect her as I will with every leader that shows respect to me. I understood my mistake there and I know it was one , and I'm not afraid to admit to it.

"Don't do it again or you'll have to deal with me. My name is Luna Charlotte , who are you?" She asked rather rudely. Her face still plastered with a slight snarl as she held onto dear life from Xanders arm. Who now I look at , is in a slight daze looking at me.

"My name is Katrina Astevana Dio." I smiled politely.

"I told you about Katrina a couple of weeks ago , don't you remember Charlotte." Xander spoke up. His eyes still on me and his hands by his side in clenched fists.

Why is he so tense?

"No , I don't remember." Looking at me with a nasty snarl once again.

Clearing my throat , my eyes met Xander's again and his softened ever so slightly.

"Have you seen my parents around Xander." I smiled gently.

"It's Alpha to you Miss Dio." Charlotte growled at me in warning.

"It's okay Charlotte , Katrina is a good friend , I trust her." Xander spoke softly.

Rolling her eyes she huffed a "whatever."

Someone has attitude. Artemis sung , making me snicker in agreement.

"Your parents are on vacation in the Dominican Republic , they probably won't be back for another week." His words made my mood dampen a bit , I'll have to wait.

Smiling sadly I expressed a "that's okay."

"I can always talk with them and notify them on your arrival."

"No , no let them enjoy themselves , they've worked hard all their life , they deserve a break. Plus when they get back I'll still be here and it will be a nice surprise for them to return home to. No?"

"I suppose you're right." He smiled I agreement.