Forever and always.

XANDER'S POV.

Its been a month , a fucking month and Katrina still hasn't woken up. After around two weeks of staying with Jenny , she decided it be best Katrina was closer to her home in hopes this would make her wake up faster.

When Jenny drove us to our pack , me in the back with Katrina's head in my lap while I stroked her hair. When our pack saw our arrival , they immediately wanted to celebrate, Liam telling me how they had trackers out night and day looking for us.

I appreciated the help dearly but I wasn't in the mood to have spoken to anyone , I just wanted to lay with my mate , even if she was unconscious.

The doctor said Katrina managed to survive the blood thorn , but just like cancerous cells , it kept coming back and growing within her. She would die and come back to life on her own multiple times.

I wanted to spread news around the pack that Katrina was now their Luna , their rightful and loved Luna. But I also wanted her conscious to agree with the terms and I also didn't want the pack to feel in a state of depression much like my own right now.

No one knows about us being mates , except for the doctor , my parents and Katrina's parents. They were all devastated and mourning for Katrina.

I had just finished up my paper work for the hour and looked up from beside Katrina's hospital bed in hopes of her waking up.

I set my papers aside and grabbed a hold of her hand , kissing the back of it and her palm , I whispered a prayer to the goddess to wake my love up.

I hadn't slept , only when my mother forced the doctor to give me a sleeping shot would I lay my head to rest on the hospital bed.

I rarely ate , only when the nurses came in to give Katrina her fluid through her tubes would they also wheel in some food for me , but I just didn't have an appetite.

The nurses would come in every two hours to change her draining bags , because that was what they were doing. It was the only way to save her , by draining the blood thorn out of her system.

Much like silver on a werewolf , when too much is within your system , you must drain it out. By silver didn't affect Katrina , her version of silver for wolves was bloodthorn.

The hospital door opened and in walked the doctor with a clip bored in hand.

"Alpha" he nodded at me

"With much draining , it's allowed us to get to a low concentration of blood thorn in Katrina's system. It also means that there isn't enough to help it grow any more , we hope. For the past 72 hours no more has grown in her system and it also seems that we are starting to see a response from her wolf finally."

Her wolf , my wolf nor I could feel her's. It was like she was just as unconscious as Katrina was. Perhaps there is practical hope now.

"Her inter costal muscles are healing from the burning sensation that the blood thorn has created , much life silver on a wolf it burns you from the inside out. Things are looking up from here Alpha , if we continue to follow the procedure thoroughly like we have been." He looked at me expectedly.

I focused really hard on trying to reach out to Katrina's wolf , but it was hard not being marked and mated.

"Thank you doctor ." I said in a quiet voice.

Later that day , my mum and dad walked in with a bag of food that smelt of Mexican. Fuck. They done me dirty , they knew I was a sucker for Mexican food , as was Katrina.

Our parents would always order this on a Friday night for us when we were younger and had movie marathons in either of our living rooms. We'd build a fort made of blankets and pillows and Katrina would add fairy lights before using her laptop to play a film.