Saving me.

KATRINA's POV.

3 weeks.

It's been 3 weeks and Xander still hasn't awoken from the coma his wolf has put him in. Everyone was depressed , no one seemed to manage to function properly , rogue attacks have been getting worse , like they knew the Alpha and the pack were not stable.

I've been doing all of Xander's Alpha work , while my dad stepped in as Beta and Xander's father came to help me with the work sometimes , but his wife and himself were also struggling with their unconscious son.

I tried , I tried copying and doing things but in reality I can't remember the last time I slept , I think it's been every night I've been drinking just to keep myself awake only to wake up on the floor or desk in his office. I admire Xander , I really do. It took me a couple of days to wrap my head around how his work actually works , I tried to study his methodology and technique of work so I don't mess with his organisation and it was killing me.

Times like now was when I could use the support of a mate but I guess not all of us are lucky.

I would love to say that Charlotte has been by her mates side the whole time , but she has in fact gone MIA , I 'blame' it on the fact she can't cope without her mate , but she's probably off doing another male for all I know.

On top of all that work , I have sent a search party out for Charlotte because I still don't know how Xander feels about her and whether he wants to keep her around , so better be safe than sorry for when he wakes up.

There was a knock on the door and I watch Luke , Natalie and Mateo walk in , probably all with updates.

"Katrina."

"What have you got for me?"

"Urgh well I've got you a green tea and a chocolate cookie , I know it's your favourite." Natalie said before placing it in front of me on the desk to which I thanked her for.

"Everyone is on top of training , I've tried keeping everyone up on everything despite the circumstances , so there is nothing to worry about." Mateo explained.

"That's good thank you , Luke? Anything on the Luna?"

"No , we can't catch a scent , we believe she may have trailed across water , washing her scent away" I growled in annoyance at that.

That girl is making me suspicious.

"Okay thank you , you may leave." I said before putting my head back into the paperwork in front of me.

I felt two strong hands on my shoulders , nearing at my muscles and it made me release a content groan.

Fuck my neck hurt.

"You should rest Katrina." Mateo's voice filled my ears.

"You know I can't , if I do , I'll fall behind on his work and it's just more stress for him when he wakes up , which isn't what he needs , the sooner I get it all down the better." I explained in a growl of annoyance.

People need to stop telling me what to do.

"It was only a suggestion." He whispered.

"Well suggest elsewhere" I snapped at him , which made his eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

"I'm sorry , I'm just not feeling myself."

"No need to apologise , but you really should try get at least a nights worth of sleep before you lose yourself Katrina." He kissed my cheek before taking his leave.

Mateo has dialled down his flirting with me and I'm thankful for that , I would for sure fall for some relief at this point of stress.

Standing up to take a break , I decide to go do my daily check up on Xander at the infirmary.