Chapter 21 || "You'll scream it one day."

(I've probably just kílled half my readers with the gif but it's kl)

- Pandora -

Being Luke Hemmings sister - although pretty interesting - had its flaws.

Like constantly getting phoned at god knows what time in the hour to pick up a drunken idiot who didn't know where he was half of the time.

"Say that again?" I frowned, repeatedly rubbing my eyes in a desperate attempt to clear my clouded vision.

"Pick me up." Luke repeated, not bothering to hide his impatience.

I rolled my eyes before slowly sitting myself up, stretching my aching back and letting out a small yawn. I could hear multiple voices in the background of the call, indicating he was still at that goddamn party.

It was three in the morning, where was this guys priorities?

"Luke, it's too late." I sighed, taking a disgusted glance towards my clock "Can't you ask Ashton?"

"I can't find him!" He groaned, a hint of stress in his voice "Plus he's probably drunk."

"What about mum?"

"Don't be stupid!"

I let out an audible sigh before swinging my legs over my bed, shivering slightly as my feet gently landed on the cold laminate flooring. Luke waited impatiently on the line while I slipped on my old battered vans, tugging on a grey hoodie - which I was pretty sure belonged to Luke - before vacating my room.

"You owe me so bad." I hissed, tip-toeing down the stairs towards the front door.

Luke muttered back a quiet yes as I grabbed the keys from the shoe cabinet, my eyes trained nervously on the lock.

Why the hell was I doing this?

"Where are you anyway?" I questioned, my voice lowered to a strained whisper.

It took him quite a few seconds before he finally replied, his voice wavering uncertainly.

"I think it's Jenna's house?"

I paused, my hand inches away from the dreaded door handle.

"So you don't even know where you are?"

"I swear it's Jenna's house." He mumbled, hysterical laughter heard in the background before it abruptly ended, leaving us in complete silence again.

"Can you ask someone?"

"Why?"

"Because," I sighed, stressfully tugging on the ends of my long blonde hair "I don't want to drive all the way to Jenna's to find out you're at Jemma's."

"Who's Jemma?" He frowned, his voice etched with confusion.

"It doesn't matter."

"Don't you mean Emma?"

"Luke."

"I think you mean Em-"

"It doesn't matter!" I interrupted, hurriedly slotting the front keys into the lock and twisting it clockwise, sighing as I felt the reassuring click "Can you just ask someone?"

Luke grumbled for a bit before finally deciding to ask, his voice changing from 'ew fück you' to 'hey, I'm polite' in a matter of seconds.

It was pretty amusing.

"Apparently this isn't Jenna's house," he finally replied, his voice full of disappointment "it's Dana's."

"I told you!" I exclaimed, ignoring Luke's exasperated groan "Now where the hell do they live?"