Chapter 29 || "Just breathe."

- Natalia -

"This is nice." I remarked, taking a quick glance around at the busy hall

Unlike the dances at my old school, they had actually made some effort - which I found amazing. The walls were decorated with fairy lights and all sorts of glittery things while the floor had multiple balloons randomly strewn across is, the occasionally pop echoing around the large hall.

Luke didn't seem to appreciate the schools efforts, but I certainly did.

"I guess," he sighed, his tongue fiddling nervously with his lip ring "can you see Evie anywhere?"

I shot him a judgemental glare as he led us towards the centre of the room, his bright blue eyes desperately searching through the crowds.

I had never seen him so uptight.

"Luke, I've never met her before." I reminded, narrowly avoiding a slightly drunken couple on the dance floor "I have no clue what she looks like."

He softly nodded before tugging at the ends of his hair, his cheeks flushing a gentle shade of pink. Without asking, I could tell that the only reason he came here was for her, and I didn't know whether to feel angry or excited.

He had invited me for no reason other than he wanted to make someone jealous, yet he had done it for love.

I was caught up in my very own romance movie.

"I can't even see Michael."

"Is that the guy with the red hair?"

"Yeah."

"He should be easy to spot."

"Exactly."

I let out a small sigh as I gazed around, searching for the red haired boy. I couldn't believe I was doing all this for Luke, but for the amount of times he had bought me coffee, I sort of owed him.

"There's a silver haired guy over there." I stated, my eyes locking onto the bright colour.

It had a slight blonde tint in it, and I couldn't help but notice how adorable it made him look. I liked his style, yet it wouldn't suit me.

I was more of a natural shade type of gal.

"That's silver, not red."

"No shít."

Luke sent me a small glare before returning his attention to people around us, his bottom lip caught nervously between his teeth.

This girl must be one hell of a catch.

"Luke, can we go dance or something?" I sighed, shifting uncomfortably in my lace dress.

He slowly shook his head, causing me to let out an exasperated groan.

When he had asked me out on a date, I never imagined I would spend it searching endlessly for his crush. It was slightly embarrassing, if I was honest.

"Do you think she'll come?" He nervously questioned, awkwardly fixing the tie around his neck.

I shrugged, trying my best to appear optimistic. Secretly, I couldn't give a shít, but I couldn't admit that.

"I'm sure she will."

"But what if she decides to just go to Calum's instead?"

"Who's Calum?"

"Her boyfriend."

The oxygen was abruptly swept from my lungs as his words met my ears, causing my jaw to slightly drop.