Chapter 51 || "Alluring chocolate gaze."

Amazing trailer by: Kiki_Sanchez

- Ashton -

"What the fück is going on?"

The six boys gathered around the small dining table looked up, their eyes meeting my own as I studied them in confusion. I recognised only four people here - one of which I wasn't exactly thrilled to see.

He was the first to speak, his dumb British accent echoing around Michael's small kitchen.

"Herc! You came!"

"Shut the fück up, Tarzan." I hissed, receiving a small smirk in return.

The unfamiliar blonde at the table seemed slightly taken aback by my hostility, his blue eyes wide with surprise. The brunette next to him pursed his lips, clearly angered by my response.

They were obvious friends of his.

"Hey, Ash." Luke muttered through tight lips, shooting me a pointed look before gesturing towards the seat beside him "Why don't you take a seat?"

"Nah, I'll just stand."

"Take a fücking seat, Ashton."

I raised my eyebrows questioningly but didn't say anything else, slowly walking over before falling heavily down into the chair beside him. He seemed relieved by my actions, his body relaxing as he exchanged a knowing glance with Calum.

What the fück was going on?

"So, this is Ashton?" The brunette asked, his blue eyes studying me curiously. I rose my eyebrows at his question, shooting a sceptically glance around the room.

"Who the fück is this?"

"This is Louis," Calum quickly replied, his voice tight with annoyance "he came to our gig last night."

"He's the manager." Michael continued, his cheeks flushed pink with excitement.

I nodded, my eyes widening slightly. For a manager, he was pretty young. I imagined him to be so much older.

"I was there too," the blonde haired boy added, a wide, sarcastic smile spreading across his lips "just in case any of you cared."

"Oh, and this is Niall." Calum mumbled, awkwardly introducing the boy as an afterthought.

The boy just chuckled, obviously used to the lack of attention. With a friend like Louis, I wasn't even surprised.

"Can someone please explain to me why we're all gathered around Michael's kitchen table like a bunch of Boy Scouts?" I questioned, receiving an exasperated shake of the head from Luke.

"Did you not listen on the phone?"

"Oh I'm sorry, I guess I was too busy listening to you yelling at me."

"Don't you fücking start-"

"Don't argue." Michael begged, running a pale hand nervously through his jet black hair. "I hate when you argue."

Luke pursed his lips angrily before turning his back to me, focusing all his attention on Louis. I could almost see the hostility radiating off his body, sizzling around him like a shield of electricity. Calum watched intently, his jaw clenched in anger as he slowly shook his head.

This - whatever the fück it was - was not going very well.

"Are things usually like this?" Louis lightly chuckled, his eyebrows raised questioningly as he glanced between us both, a humoured smirk tugging at his lips