Chapter 67 || "Lover's sense."

He looks so happy while playing the drums I cri

- Pandora -

"This is stupid."

"You're stupid."

"Pandora-"

"It's going to work, Evie."

"No it's n-"

"IT'S GOING TO FÜCKING WORK!"

"...But he's not a dog."

"Neither are you, so why are you acting like a bítch?"

Ted gasped dramatically while Chuck choked; both boys' evidently surprised by my frustrated comment. I wanted to cheer for myself but I didn't know if that was considered 'socially acceptable' so I remained silent, praying for my life as Evie's eyes visibly darkened.

I had always been bad at fighting, and that was just the verbal kind. Physical and I might just die.

"Evie..."

"Did you just?"

"I am so sorry. Please don't hurt me."

Chuck rolled his eyes and I cowered away, determined to avoid any unwanted injuries.

This was a party. I was meant to be having fun. Not using my drunken friend as a sniffer dog while I begged my sober friend not to attack me.

"Pandora."

"Yeah?"

"Get up."

It was at this moment I realised I had fallen to my knees.

"Oh, uh... Yeah." I coughed, quickly standing before dusting myself off, attempting to appear as casual as possible.

The numerous glares I received informed me I hadn't been as inconspicuous as I had hoped.

"I wasn't going to hit you." Evie stated bluntly, her eyes wide with disbelief.

I shrugged, attempting to appear nonchalant.

"I knew that."

"Did you?"

"No."

She shot me a disapproving glance and Chuck laughed, wrapping his large arm around my shoulder. It was comfortable - like a friend - yet the looming danger of Ashton entering the room weighed heavily on my shoulders, making it increasingly harder to breathe.

Why did I have to pick the possessive band member?

"So... Why am I sniffing Luke's jacket again?" Ted questioned, his dark eyebrows raised in curiosity "Not that I'm complaining."

I bit back a disgusted groan as he took a large inhale of the leather material, sighing in contempt afterwards. I couldn't quite understand what he found so 'satisfying' about the scent - I mean, it was Luke. The most it would smell of was sweat and cigarettes - yet I didn't bother asking.

(A/N this is fictional guys I know he probs smells of cologne and Michael in real life)

"Pandora seems to think you're a dog." Evie answered hotly, causing me to scowl.

"No I don't!"

"Then why the fück is he sniffing your brother's jacket?"

I paused, contemplating my response. In all honesty, I didn't quite know. It just seemed like the most logical solution at the time.

"Because," I began, drawing it out as I desperately tried to think "it's um... It's complicated. Just tons of- Tons of reasons."

"Name one." She challenged, causing me to frown.