Chapter 9 || "We actually microwaved it."

- Pandora -

"You'll never guess what happened."

Evie sent me a blank stare and sat down in the middle of my bed, grabbing one of my pillows and hugging it to her chest.

After the bowling - which Ashton ultimately won - we came back home, hoping my mum was in. When we found out she wasn't, I wasted no time grabbing Evie and taking us both up to my room.

Without my mum, the boys would probably be a lot more rowdy than usual, which meant they would end up doing something stupid, which meant I would have to help clean it all up. And I wasn't in the mood to be helping those boys right now, especially Ashton.

"Is it something to do with Ashton?"

I paused, my smile fading to a disappointed frown.

"How did you guess?"

"I don't know," she sighed, rolling her eyes as if it should be obvious "the fact you constantly stared at him in the car was a slight give away."

"I was staring?"

Evie let out an exasperated sigh and patted the empty space beside her, chewing on the bottom of her lip.

"Come; tell me all about your troubles with daddy."

"Don't." I cringed, feeling a slight shiver run up my spine "It's bad enough him constantly referring to himself as daddy, never mind you."

"I like it," she shrugged, a small smile tugging at her lips "he looks like a daddy, but in a kínky way?"

I quickly silenced her and swallowed down my disgust, gently sitting down on the edge of my bed. Evie watched me intently, her chin resting in the palm of her hand.

"So what is it?"

"Well, when we were at the bowling Ashton started texting this person - who is a girl - and I asked him who it was and he got really secretive. Then I saw the message, and he had sent them a full paragraph of love hearts and kisses!"

"Not that you're jealous or anything." She sighed, her words drowning with sarcasm.

"I wasn't jealous," I retorted, feeling colour rise to my cheeks "I'm just nosy. Anyway, it turns out to be this girl named Lola Finkle, blonde hair and a YouTuber. She's like sixteen, which for a start is disgusting."

"It isn't that disgusting-"

"It's disgusting."

Evie shook her head softly but kept quiet this time, studying the stitching on the pillows. She obviously didn't agree with my side of the story, which really bugged me. She was my friend, she was meant to side with me.

"Anyway, this Lola and Ashton have been texting for ages now, flirting with each other and stuff. But Lola already has a boyfriend, and you'll never guess who it is!"

"Is it Luke Brooks by any chance?" Evie questioned, looking slightly bored.

My slight smile turned to a scowl, my eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

"How do you know?"

"It's all over Twitter you idiot," she sighed, taking her phone out of her back pocket "plus I've been watching the Janoskians for years, I'm obviously going to know who he dates."

"Well, how do you feel about this?"

Evie sent me a blank stare before looking around, seeming slightly lost.

"About what?"

"About this!" I exclaimed, gesturing outwards "Ashton is in love with a girl already in a relationship! She's cheating on Luke!"