9

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Immediately Kakashi and I sent out for Rin, disregarding any instruction we left the village without telling any official. Kakashi sent a message out to Minato who was on another mission at the front of enemy lines, hoping that maybe he'd be able to make it back in time. At a time like this Minato why do you have to be away from the village.

Apparently what happened was Kakashi and Rin set out on a rather small D ranked mission, searching for a lost cat. They had to go out of village parameters to the last known sighting which happened to be out past the training grounds. As they were looking they were both ambushed by hidden mist shinobi. Kakashi tried to get orders out of them, even trying to take one down but once they grabbed Rin they all disappeared without a trace.

Kakashi's hounds faintly picked up the trail of her scent and allowed us to follow im pursuit. We were lead a few miles through the land of fire until we reached the border of hidden leaf and hidden mist territory. The sky became darker the closer we got to the sea. The clouds above shuddered and rumbled with a brewing storm as the two of us dashed through the trees at top speed. Even though it was Kakashi who promised, it was also Obito's wishes to keep us two safe. His word went above all, to honor his will I was just as desperate as Kakashi to reach Rin and get her back home safely.

Both of us hid in the trees, searching the area with wide diligent eyes. The hounds informed us that the enemy had gathered at the end of a rocky cliff right next to the sea. Rin could apparently be spotted so easily the Hounds didn't even need to be within a kilometer of distance to see her. She was out in the open. Strange.

The two of us sneaked closer to the lands edge and sure enough there she was. Rin was tied up and completely out of it just like before. Genjutsu?

However, the enemy seemingly disappeared, not a trace to be found.

My eyes swirled a bright red as I analyzed Rin's chakra. Her flow wasn't disrupted, she wasn't under a genjutsu but something was off about it. Before I could turn to Kakashi and form a strategy he jumped straight in to her aid.

"Kakashi!" I shouted in a whisper, reaching my hand out to him but it was too late. Just like Obito he charged in. Even thought there was no enemy around I couldn't help but get a bad feeling. How could the hounds smell the enemy but then so suddenly they disappear? I can't sense a single presence.

Rin noticed us immediately after hearing my soft yell. Her brown eyes grew big as fear rose within her irises. She opened her mouth like she was going to say something only to be cut off by Kakashi speaking first.

"Thank Hashirama we found you. Come on I don't know where those Anbu went but we need to hurry." Swiftly he sliced through the threads of the rope tied around her body. Pulling her up to her feet as quickly as he could he began to tug at her wrist.

"Kakashi stop!" She pleaded as she jerked her hand from his grasp. "I-I can't. Somethings wrong."

"We'll get you in with a doctor back at the village" Before Rin could protest more Kakashi dragged her with him.

Hopping down from my perch I began to feel uneasy, a sudden chill ran down my spine the longer we stood out in the open. All around felt like thousands of eyes were staring down on us.

"Kakashi, we're not alone." Flicking my gaze across the forest line my eyes detected multiple chakra signatures. "We have to go now!"

Taking off, Kakashi followed behind in pursuit pulling Rin along. Sure enough the hidden most shinobi emerged and dashed right for us.

"You can't take me back to the village if I go back so many more people will die. You have to kill me!" Rin yelled with a petrified look painted across her face.