21

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
-1st Person-
Hiding in the dark crawling under the covers, I hid my steaming face. Jesus what kind of fanfic moment was that?! That was insane I can still hear my heart beat pumping in my ears.

I sat still for a long moment still replaying the events over and over in my mind. I need to get a grip. That was all just an accident and Deidara was just being really nice and changed my bandages. Fuck that was so embarrassing falling into him like that AND THEN HAVING TOBI SEE US?! That must've looked so bad.

I finally pulled the covers off my head, a plume of steam rising from the air I had trapped in my little comfort tent. I contemplated getting up to go and apologize but overall my weak state won over my decision. I decided to stay in bed and rest like what I should have been doing this whole time.

Turning my head to the dark side of the room, away from the door, I shut my eyes. My fingers climbing to my collar bones as they found a sliver of comfort in those old elastic bands on those nostalgic goggles. Still memories of just days previously persisted in my peaceful mind. Not like i'm already stressed enough.

Try as I might the memories of those men screaming out in fear held a shadow over my mind. Regret stabbing me right through the heart as I knew I couldn't take back what I had done. An even worse feeling trailed behind my guilt and sorrow, it was maddening. The reminder that a part of me enjoyed killing those men, the act of giving them back the same treatment they gave me filled me with satisfaction. A bead of sweat formed on my temple as my brows twitched all while I thrashed in the bed. Their screams ringing in my ears as the smell of fire wafted under my nose.

My eyes shot open as I threw myself forward. Panting heavily realizing I was now in a pool of my own sweat. Frantically my eyes flickered around the dark room, on instinct my sharingan had activated. All the lights had been turned out and now even the hallways were void and dark seeing as how there was no glint coming from under the door. I was all alone in the dark room.

The silence was deafening and very apparent upon my abrupt awakening. Judging by how bad my head feels I think I actually ended up falling asleep. I would lay back down and try to sleep some more but my unease got the better of me. Even if I went to bed I'd just have another nightmare. Like always.

My dreams were always like this, every night since my last mission with Obito every dream I had was nothing but a twisted revision of that horrific day.

Slowly crawling out of bed my shoes tapped on the ground gently, my legs hung over the side of the bed as I pondered getting up. The absence of my new roommate Tobi left me with a strange feeling. I didn't really feel safe more so comfortable without someone else being around me. The medieval decor of this place really didn't help it feel homey in the least.

Quietly I got up and made my way towards the big open area past the kitchen. Looking around for Tobi I stepped out into the clearing forgetting about the statues presence. Almost immediately from setting foot into the opening the atmosphere changed. It felt heavy and unwelcoming to say the least. A detail I hadn't noticed before but now that I had my sharingan activated I noticed the faint sense of chakra coming from the horrid statue in the middle of the room.

 A detail I hadn't noticed before but now that I had my sharingan activated I noticed the faint sense of chakra coming from the horrid statue in the middle of the room