40

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
"W-what I don't think I heard you right. S-say that again?" Staring at him with wide eyes you watched his masked lips move. Perfectly copying the words they previously spoke.

Bursting through the door you felt no regard for the sleeping patients as you slammed the wooden wall against its frame. Taking off into a half jog half limp you rushed down the dark hallways of the hospital. Behind you, the shouts of a worried Kakashi echoed.

"(Y/n)! Come back! Don't!"

Not bothering to stop you ignored his rational pleas.

Listening to your sock covered feet patter on the cold floor, you subconsciously ran faster. Trying to make each interval smaller and smaller until you broke out into a full out sprint.

The lights within the halls were off, the only illumination was the red hue of exit signs and distant murky windows letting in foggy moonlight. Shivers crawled up your spine as goosebumps appeared over your arms, all hair was on end. Adrenaline was pumping through you like a power washer. The words Kakashi spoke you chose not to believe.

"He's in a comatose state. They say he might not make it."

Shaking your head side to side you bite your inner cheek, holding down the pain now strikingly present in your throat. NO! He can't die, not now. I just got him back he can't leave me again! I CANT GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!

Barreling around the corner your feet collide into one another. Loosing balance you stumble over yourself. Falling to the ground you let out a yelp before making impact. Hitting the waxy floor with a thud your bare arms skidded across the floor with an "EEee".

Whining in pain you lay there for a moment, letting the cold surface steal your warmth. Struggling to move from the soreness reverberating through your limbs you force your arms to push you up.

~~~

"Hey Obito?" You purse your lips bashfully and turn away before the boy in question could even meet your gaze.

"Yeah?" He responds, holding his arms up and back around his head. Quite the lax disposition considering the dangerous mission they were on.

"I was wondering, I heard you going on about something hokage earlier. What was that about?" You ask quietly, a slight embarrassed blush crossing your cheeks.

The Uchiha stopped in his tracks for a second, appearing almost shocked that you took interest in him. Taking the chance to impress you he put on a cocky smile. Straightening his back and pointing his thumb to his chest he boasts. "Oh! I was talking about my dream! You know I'm gonna be Hokage some day!"

"You wish." A certain uninterested Jonin scoffs from behind.

"Kakashi!" Obito growls, whipping around with balled fists.

"That's an awesome dream Obito!" You congratulate, trying to diffuse the tension.

Turning back the Uchiha breaks out into a nervous sweat, bearing a jagged smile he anxiously scratched the back of his neck. "R-really, you think so?"

"Pshhh yeah? You'll be the first Uchiha Hokage." You smile happily.

"Yeah? Yeah!" The Uchiha in question realizes slowly, having proclaimed this ambition so many times he failed to recognize the fact that he'll be one of a kind.