27

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
After my little scare, Pain decided to hold off on giving me missions for the time being. It was unlike him to deny the extra work force so something else must've been at play. Little did I know a threatening word from Tobi caused Pain to submit and keep me in eyesight.

Rooting through the fridge I searched for a crumb of sustenance. Man these guys really don't go grocery shopping do they?

An antagonizing growl from my stomach brought me straight to my knees. Pain gnawed at my gut begging to be filled with anything. "Oh man it hurts."

Deidara had just walked in at the worst time to see me doubled over on the ground. "a-AH (Y/n) are you alright? Hn!" The blonde rushed over pulling me up to my feet with ease. His big blue eyes seemed distraught and cursed. He appeared almost sad to see me.

My lashes fluttered up wide as I realized he was also there that day. On that mission. He most likely saw me in that state.

"How long have you been up? You should've yelled if you needed something! Here what do you want to eat, sit" Deidara ushered me as he gently guided me to one of the kitchen chairs. A bit of a confused expression plagued my face as I watched him scurry around the kitchen. Without telling him what I wanted he began to fix me some eggs and what appeared to be avocado toast.

"Hey you don't have to do that I can do it myself okay?" I persuaded as I stood up from the table.

Deidara didn't even seem to notice my protest instead he began to ramble on about how Tobi should've been with me. "Where even is that idiot, hn. He should've been around to help you get what you needed. That idiot stayed up all night by your bedside so where is he now?"

He was up all night? "W-what all night?"

Finally Deidara speed me a glance, seemingly a pretty surprised one. "Yeah hardly either of us could get any sleep after what happened to you, come to think of it how are you doing? Are you feeling alright? Hn." Setting my plate of food down Deidara sat adjacent from me at the table. Leaning forward he was immersed in a stare that encompassed my whole being.

They were both worried? "Sorry to scare you i'm all good now." I nervously laughed as I scratched the back of my head.

"Jesus next time i'll hit you for making us worry like that. You should have seen Tobi I've never seen him get like that before." Deidara admitted as he slouched back into his chair, leaning back he closed his eyes gently as a way to relax himself.

"Get like what way?" I pondered what Deidara meant by that, from Tobis confession just a bit earlier I found out I was indeed important to him. At least more than just a partner I think. I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by it whether he meant friend or.. m-more.

Subconsciously heat began to rise to my cheeks as I truly thought about the idea. N-no he couldn't and b-besides the only boy to ever strike me like that was.. No i'm not looking for anyone anyways!

"Tobi was quiet, he completely took charge and cared for your every need while you were out. Which is strange since he's usually loud and obnoxious all the time not to mention helpless on his own, hn." Slowly he leaned back in and gently lifted his hand to mine. "But point is, at least anyways, I'm glad you're okay." Deidara said with genuine words as his face bore a sad and stressed smile.

My brows curled upwards locking my face in a look of despair as I realized it wasn't only Tobi who I ended up hurting. It was also Deidara.

Suddenly a familiar looking orange mask reared its head around the corner at again a bad time. Tobis eye instantly caught sight of our two hands intertwined. My gaze flickered up to him as a nervous blush covered my cheeks.