1

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
The faint chitter of birds sounded right next to your ear, two finches were having a conversation atop your windowsill disregarding your sleeping self below. They were perched in the window you had failed to shut the night before. After an entire afternoon spent training you hadn't the strength nor mental capacity to remember to do so.

Slowly and begrudgingly you climbed from your drowsiness, rolling towards the noise onto your side. With your lids still shut tight they shielded your eyes from the gentle assault of the morning sun. Basking in the rays for a long moment, the skin on your cheeks tingled from the comforting sensation. A cool breeze washed over the room, spring was in full force with its early morning showers and sunny afternoons.

Breathing in through the nose and out the mouth, you exhaled with a sigh. Turning away from the light you tiredly pried your eyes open.

Seen as an out cast because you weren't a part of the main branch of Uchiha's has made the road to becoming a shinobi quite difficult. Unlike most of your clan, you had only one parent who was of Uchiha descent. Not being able to unlock the sharingan has only fueled your insecurities. Often you're teased by the older Uchiha boys who have already claimed at least one tomoe in their pair of oculars.

Your silent frustration as a child eventually lead to outbursts of anger. For a while you took the abuse head on, only late would you mercilessly assault a training dummy. However with your studies advancing in the Shinobi arts you soon felt compelled to use what you learned to get back at them. Being extremely proficient in genjutsu allowed you to suck them into your own little world where you could mess with them without reaping the consequences of truly harming them. If there were no physical wounds there was no punishment.

Beside you on your nightstand sat a small time dial. 7:00 AM was the numbers it read, in an hour away you would be meeting your new team.

Today was a special day for you, not for meeting new teammates but for the mission you were assigned. After completing nearly a hundred low ranking missions in your time of being a chunin, you were finally granted your first A rank assignment.

An infiltration mission behind enemy lines, your squad was tasked with cutting off enemy transportation into the land of fire.

The Third Great Shinobi war has been raging on for a few months now. With forces quickly dwindling and dying off from attack, Chunin are being sent out on highly dangerous operations for the war effort. Some critiqued the Hokage's decision as some to most Chunin wouldn't make it back alive. However, it has proved to aid the Leaf village in gaining territory, though many mothers and fathers now no longer have to ability to await their children's return.

A normal squad formation for missions like these are typically small, three Chunin lead by a single Jounin leader. However, this mission was going to be a bit different, you were an extra added onto an already pre established team. A new tactic the Hokage implemented to hopefully boost the survival rate among teams. With another person on board to help out meant the mission would be completed quicker and with a higher chance of success, theoretically.

With a grunt your rose from your pillow, swinging your legs over the edge of your bed. Eyeing your mirror with a lazy glance, you squished your lip beneath your teeth at the sight of your image. Sticking up and out in random places, your hair seemed to have a mind of its own today. Drool subtly spilled at the corner of your mouth from the side you were previously laying on. Wiping it away with a drowsy motion you stood with a stretch. Your focus landed quickly on your wardrobe.

(Here's some outfit ideas for you guys to imagine yourselves in ;)