4

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Within a small amount of time Obito spotted tracks from the enemy. He might not have activated his sharingan yet but his eyes are very sharp when he's focused. This fact made you feel a little better about the situations. Still doubt lingered within as you continued to create distance between you and your other comrade.

This is awful we're gonna get jumped.

    "Obito are you sure we should leave Kakashi on his own?" You asked gently as the two of you slowly pursued the tracks that continued in a straight path deep within the forest.

    He stopped for a moment but just continued to look ahead, "That Kakashi is so cold hearted he'd probably kill the enemy moments before they could weave a sign." He spoke with sense of rivalry coming through his words, as far as you could see Obito viewed Kakashi as competition especially when it came to Rin in some instances or so that's what it seemed. "He'll be fine."

Your brows lifted in remorse. Obito was most certainly right. The Hatake could make it out of this mission alive but what worried you the most was that the group needed him. As much as you hate to say it, Kakashi was the most skilled at hand-to-hand combat. Considering most of the enemies you came in contact thus far were close ranged, you were outmatched for.

Obito must have been thinking the same thing, pinching his brows together he sweat dropped. In an effort to calm him down in his moment of frustration you placed a hand on his shoulder. "If we catch them by surprise, I think we'll come out alive."

Your honest words made a shadow of gloom hover over the Uchiha. He realized just how screwed the two of you were, but instead of getting depressed he straightened his back, adjusting his goggles. "Of course we will, after all I still have yet to unlock my sharingan and become Hokage!"

Smiling at his attitude you moved ahead, "Let's see who unlocks their sharingan first then."

Smirking the Uchiha followed in suit.
___

Soon the two of you encountered the enemy, standing in a tall tree you watched from above. Three of them stood on the ground conversing with eachother. They didn't sense your presence nor your chakra. Sticking to the element of surprise you both tried to go in for a surprise attack but Obito got hasty upon hearing mention of a certain brunette amongst their talk.

"What should we do with the girl?"

"Keep her incase those brats coming running, if you're bored you can torture her for intel."

"Sounds good to me I was just gettin antsy."

Throwing his attack too early you had no chance of putting them under a genjutsu first. The enemy skillfully evaded the stream kunai, fading to nothing right before our very eyes.

"Obito, what was that?!!" You scolded.

"Ah! Im sorry!! I just couldn't stand to listen to them any longer."

Almost instantly the enemy was right on you. Appearing in and out of sight the three men toyed with the two of you. Pressing your backs together you both held a kunai in defense, watching for any movement.

One of the men revealed himself, high on confidence he approached you with a lax expression.

"Come on kid, just make this easy and it'll be over with soon."

Shooting him a vicious look you held a single hand sign, activating your plan b. In the event that the enemy would ambush the two of you before you could make the jump, you planted a territorial genjutsu. A four kunai formation of just the small area around you and the Uchiha.