2

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Everyone was silent, hiding behind a fallen tree Minato sensed about 20 enemies in the surrounding area.

Looking up you kept a hand still over your weapons pouch. Carefully analyzing the area you detected a bit of movement coming from up ahead, localized on a single branch.

It appeared Kakashi already knew this fact, his cold eyes were trained on their position. Obito, however, was nervously looking around desperate to find the enemy and calm the anticipation. Shuffling over to him you patted his shoulder. He looked at you briefly with an anxious expression before flicking his goggles down and plastering a confident smile across his lips.

Kakashi quietly shook his head before speaking up, casting his arm towards the ground. "Sensei I want to try out this new jutsu, it can take out all 20 of them easily." The sound of chirps emitted from his palm as a ball of blue electricity writhed within it.

"Woah." You absentmindedly said. What kind of jutsu is this?

Obito furrowed his brows at the showy display. "Show off, I can do that too." He mumbled to himself.

"No that isn't smart, that jutsu is a work in progress-" To Minatos dismay Kakashi dashed forward leaving him stunned to silence. Pinching the bridge of his nose the blonde stood quickly.

"That fool, he's going to get himself killed-" A hand gently squeezed your shoulder. Rin was nested beside you behind the trunk.

"No, just watch Kakashi move. He knows what he's doing. Not to mention Sensei is always looking out for him." Both your eyes turned towards the blonde in question whom was actively throwing kunai in the silver-nettes defense. With each blow Kakashi dealt, Minato would shoot a defensive snipe from afar, keeping Kakashi at the advantage.

Sweat fell from your brow as all three of you watched the silver-nette dance with the enemy.

Unbeknownst to the group a presence had creeped up from behind. Slowly emerging from the ground the form of a man climbed from the earth. It's body malleable like mud and dripped like melted ice cream. Obito was the first one to spot it.

Adrenaline rushed through his body faster than he could handle. Consequently causing him to freeze in his tracks and stare in horror. Unable to form words, he looked to the two girls beside him. Desperate to move, to shove them out of the way, to shout; tears built up in his eyes and shakily he stumbled backward.

Your ear twitched at the sound of something hitting the ground. Whirling around you saw Obito on the ground, the glare of sunlight concealing his eyes. Lunging for the form emerging you swiftly threw a kunai into it. With a proofing sound it turned to smoke. "A shadow clone." Turning your attention to the Uchiha you held a hand out to him but he brushed you off. Standing up on his own he avoided your gaze.

"Obito keep your head in the game!" Minato shouted as he leaped from the trunks cover.

"R-right!" The raven-nette stiffened quickly recovering from his uncharacteristic moment.

Spotting your egotistical teammate up ahead you noticed that there was only one more enemy left. However, what you could make out was that the enemy was ready for Kakashis attack and the silver-nette showed no signs of stopping.

"He's not going to be able to dodge that. We have to-!" Before you could get the words out Minato flickered away and appeared right beside you, resting the ivory haired boy on the ground. Blood poured slowly from an open wound on his shoulder.

So fast! What just happened? I didn't catch any of that!

Rin gasped instantly clinging to him, hovering her gentle hands above his gash they emitted a soft green glow. "Kakashi what happened?!"