26

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
~1st Person~
My head throbbed as my eyes struggled to open up. My muscles were all tense like I had just been through the worst workout of my life. Slowly but surely my eyes readjusted from the strain but something was a bit off. Something I couldn't quite notice was the fact that my vision had started to ever so slightly crumble. Maybe only a tic worse, hardly noticeable it was still subconsciously alarming nonetheless.

With a struggle I turned my face to the right of the room, my eyes squinted and stung but still I persisted. I was in Tobis room for sure. Looking further I realized Tobi was actually beside me, that's when I realized the warmth encompassing my hand. Glancing down I noticed his gloved hand secured around my limp fingers. He's holding my hand. Did he?.. Did he save me again?

Sitting up slowly I alerted the silent boy. His head bounced up at the slight instance of motion. His raven eye met my exhausted gaze with nothing but pure worry.

"(Y-Y/n) are you okay?" He inquired softly. His voice was tender and relaxed. He sounded just as tired as I felt. Has he been in here with me this whole time?

Still out of it I just gawked at him, my memories all boggled together and swarmed my mind. Every event that had happened to me was fresh. All the faces, all the people i've seen hurt. All the people i've hurt. Their voices were calling out to me. It was making my head spin. One voice shouted out above the rest, Obitos.

Muscle memory lead my left hand to raise to my neck. Expecting to be met with that usual comforting rectangular structure, instead my fingers slipped past thin air. I hitched a breath, my eyes going wide as they laid dead and void on the orange swirled mask in front of me. His goggles... T-They're gone..

"Obito..." I whispered under my breath, my brows now slowly contorting upwards with a pathetic look of despair.

The grip around my fingers stiffened as Tobi flinched at my sudden outburst.

Turning my head away from him I slapped a hand over my face. Tears now stinging at my already swollen and dried eyes. What I did, finally coming back into realization.

Lurching forward my head hung low as I began to tremble. My breathing became shaky and irregular as my heart began to race. "I'm so sorry, i'm so sorry." I sobbed into my palm as the waterworks began to pour out.

I let myself slip, I was pushed to the edge again and I was happy to do it! No doubt Obito was looking down on me. No doubt everyone was looking down on me. It felt as if all eyes were glaring down on me. Each and every single one disappointed and disgusted.

Except for one pair of eyes beside me. Tobi's.

His body shifted up upon hearing my sobs. "Hey are you okay, don't cry." He pleaded softly as he sat down on the bed and scooted over in front of me. Still I made no effort to look at him I just kept imploding in on myself as dread stabbed at my heart.

"I'm... I'm a monster.." I muttered, my voice cracking under the strain of pain that was now bubbling inside my throat. It felt as if I was being suffocated. 

"You're not a monster." Tobi sternly interjected. Judging by his tone he sounded angry that I referred to myself as such.

Shaking my head I still protested. "Tobi, what I did was wrong."

"No.." His grip on my hand tightened. "It was self defense." He prompted confidently, no trace of opposition or disapproval in his vocals.