31

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
The two of you made the journey back, along the way Tobi skipped happily knowing he had lifted your spirits. Though a tiny worry still persisted in the back of his mind. What made her doubt herself like that? Is there anything else she has on her mind?

Tobi could only wonder but decided not to ponder on it for too long. If it's important no doubt i'll find out one way or another. Confidently the masked goof marched on ahead.

A day and a half had passed and fatigue was clearly setting in on your part.

Barely keeping your lids up past half you swayed from side to side. Your head bobbing as your mindlessly struggled to keep consciousness. This whole time you went without sleep. Being in such an eery place like that cabin left you uncomfortable and on edge to say the least. Though Tobi strangely made you feel safe the closer you sat next him the more your worries faded.

Still that didn't mean you slept easy especially after everything that happened within the past two days.

Stepping closer to the entrance of hideout you stumbled forward, tripping over a conveniently placed stone you fell forward straight into the back of an unsuspecting Tobi. Your face smashed against his cloaked corm instantly letting out a low whimper you sprung back covering your now red nose with your hands.

Whipping around at the speed of sound Tobi instantly looked to you. The bags under your eyes were clear as day to him. He himself hadn't slept at all, he was too busy keeping watch over you to. Though another thing was he wasn't completely comfortable with sleeping around you. A tiny fear hung over his head when it came to sleeping with you around. He didn't want to risk the mistake of lowering his guard around when you could so easily remove his mask. Though he trusted you somewhat enough to know you wouldn't.

Your actions back in the closet didn't go unnoticed actually Tobi couldn't believe the fact you had slammed the door close to buy him more time. You were somewhat unpredictable to him yet he felt like he could read you like an open book. A book in a different language however.

"(Y/n)~chan are you okay you look exhausted." His orange mask leaned down close to you, his hand wrapping around your shoulder providing support.

Shaking your head you desperately grasped for an ounce of energy but found zero to none. Wobbling over a bit you fell into Tobi yet again. "Sorry I didn't get any sleep last night. The thunder was so loud."

Tobi stiffened under the warm sensation coming from his chest where your face planted. Your whine muffled into the folds of his cloak as he gazed down at you with a bead of sweat dropping from his mask.

"We're just outside don't worry i'll carry you the rest of the way!" Tobi beamed before your mind could register his words you were whisked up and away in his arms.

Your hair flipping and bouncing under the motion you found yourself in fact too depleted to protest. Instead you sighed accepting his help and rested against him. A slight smirk completed your look as you glanced up at the raven-nette. His eye caught yours for a moment, a smile slowly growing under his mask in response.

Leading the way into the base your eyes lazily looked upon the scene of everyone standing around the main area. This is a bit strange. You thought to yourself noting the fact that normally everyone's too busy to be in the same place at once.

Another strange detail to this was the fact they all appeared tired themselves. Dark circles encompassed each and every one of their faces except for Pain he look just as lifeless as he always did.

A shiver trickled down your spine, not from your leaders ghostly appearance but instead from a certain overwhelming feeling. A dark aura just to the left of you. Coking your head back your half lidded eyes laid sight on that statue. Only this time a detail you hadn't noticed before had made itself known to you. One of the previously closed eyes on the monster were now wide open. Like it was alive the iris traveled to you.