30

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
~Obito Pov~
"H-hey (Y/n)?" I exclaimed almost like a question, wondering if I should press her strange expression or not. "What's up? Your face looked weird just a second ago." I inquired innocently. Hopefully she'll respond to Tobis childishness.

To my utter dismay she didn't, the wall she quickly created was made of stone and it was thick. "My face looks weird? Yours is weirder." She reflected quickly, with a sly empty smirk.

"W-wha? You've never even seen Tobis face?! Well only part.." I quickly then gasped dramatically once I realized what she could've meant. Pacing around her like a little toddler I angrily waved my arms. "Did you take a peak at Tobi in the closet?" This is embarrassing to bring up but.. I need to at least find out what happened. I can't stand seeing a look like that on her face.

She chuckled dryly at my nonsense. "No ofcourse not remember I closed the door so you could find your mask, then you-.." She paused and let out a little cough seemingly shaking away a slight blush on her cheeks. Oh that's right I smashed my face into something soft when I was fumbling around for my mask. WAIT WAS THAT HER?-.. Oh christ.

Shaking my head side to side I focused on the faint sad detail she let out instead. Immediately stopping in my tracks, I turned my mask to her causing her to look up somewhat surprised. Not expecting me to halt like that a little worried expression quickly form upon her soft features. Always worrying about someone other than herself.

Without a word my eye flicked down to her hand.

~1st Person~
I watched as the bumbling goof pranced around me, playing ring around the rosey with himself. Someone like him could never do anything wrong.. right?

That's when his form froze, I jumped at the suddenness of it. His orange mask turned to face me, for a long moment we just looked back at one another. The intensity of his stare was beginning to weigh me down, I was starting to get nervous. Did I say something wrong? Maybe I should've put more effort into that laugh. Maybe that's it?

Without a word his arm flew to me, a warm feeling quickly enveloping my hand as I was pulled forward. My eyes widened as I stumbled forward struggling to stay on my feet. Tobi had grabbed me by the hand and was now leading me away.

"T-tobi?" I stuttered but he just kept on. His free arm was moving back and forth, bent with a clenched fist marching onward. He seemed confident in each step he took yet the grip on my fingers was unsure. My heart quickened as we entered the cave opening. There sat everyone still in the same order and same expression.

Hidan and Deidara both glanced up only to fall in expression the moment they saw Tobi and I. Sulking their heads farther to the ground their partners only further taunted them. One face in particular caught my eye however. Kisame.

Just as we were about to leave eye shot I caught a wide toothy smile from the shark boy himself. Giving me a mysterious like stare he shot a thumbs up my way. Confused I just stared back trying to understand. Before I could comprehend anything the stone walls concealed my view.

Whipping my head back I peered up at Tobi, I couldn't catch a glimpse of his eye. I was at a loss! W-what was the thumbs up for? What's going on? Where is he taking me? This isn't exactly the best time to go on a mission. In fact I'm not supposed to be going on missions right now.

Tobi, completely ignoring me and my confused panic, only quickened his step. His grasp around my hand tightened more the moment we stepped outside. Immediately my eyes were hit with the powerful rays of the sun. Wincing, I covered them quickly, shielding my lids while I tried to readjust to this new environment.