10

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
After that day I had woken up in a hospital bed along side Kakashi. The second recon team had found both of us collapsed. They thought we were dead, apparently the sight they saw was so bloody so awful, so foul they called for reinforcements to help retrieve our bodies. Blood was spilled everywhere, trees were said to have grown out from cracks earth. At the tops of these trees laid corpses of the hidden mist anbu, their bodies sliced and pierced by thousands of splinters.

Recovery was awful, on top of both Kakashi and I witnessing the murder of another comrade we were forced to live the memory over and over again. The interrogation core forced the memories out of us for intel. Appearantly they picked up something deep within my head, while I was unconscious a voice could be heard talking relatively close to me. This phenomenon is described as a short term memory. A memory not yet stored for quick access but instead pushed to the inner corners of a persons mind.

I had no recollection of the voice however I did notice the fact that a bloody finger print was smeared on the side of my goggles. Could've been an anbu but also why would they flick my goggles back down over my head after beating the living shit out of me.

My mother often came to visit both Kakashi and I. She brought flowers and home made food. Both of us had few words left to say. Our eyes were tired and dull, the only thing that remained in them was defeat. The failure of our own null abilities weighed over our heads like a dark shadow.

Kakashi was even more of a mess, his arm having gone straight through Rin's chest was a source of his misery. Many times i'd catch him staring down at his palm. He would tremble quietly, never looking away.

Kakashi was never the same. There was a deep part of his soul that had been carved out of him. His father, his two comrades, he even had to see their lifeless bodies each time.

My own mind plagued me with those sights of blood covering my clothes, my hands even my face. Something I wish I had known was that this wouldn't even be the worst of it.

    A year had past since then, Kakashi rose in ranks among the shinobi system. Before long Minato personally requested him to be his personal anbu.

Leaving me behind in the dust I was left with a still young Itachi.

Itachi was an absolute prodigy, when it came to genjutsu and shuriken jutsu he was a pro. I'd often find myself filled with jealousy when I'd see him use his genjutsu during training. These negative thoughts only stemmed from my own lack of strength within myself. I was weak to put it at that, that was until after Rins death.

After that day I took training very seriously, in order to end this war I had to be the best of the best. I made a vow that I wouldn't lose anymore friends to this ridiculous cause.

The war became something I disdained the thought of it made my brows furrow and my nose scrunch up in disgust. The fact that this war was started all because the villages could never reconcile was just flat out appalling to me. This world truly is full of idiots, people who don't give a damn about anyone else but themselves.

That spark I had in my eyes vanished. The world turned grey as depressing as that was sometimes I couldn't even reason with myself to keep fighting for the village. Thankfully I had Itachi and Kakashi, their presence solely reminded me what I was really pushing for. A better world for these two to live in. They were the only friends I had left. Both of them just as fragile as I.

I knew deep down Kakashi needed me by his side more than anything, seeing as how a part of him was shattered by Rins death. Her death signified a promise broken to Obito. I saw the pain in his eyes, it was eating him alive. Every glance into his gaze showed a cold and snowy mind, he was suffering on the inside and it was freezing over.