35

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
"So what are you doing out here?" You awkwardly ask fiddling with your thumbs looking away.

"I came looking for you! After you ran off I was really worried. I had-ahhh bit of trouble." He hisses as he points to a black and blue mark just above his cheek. Fresh and dotted with popped blood vessels.

"My god, are you okay?" Your fingers shoot for him but stop. Remembering the way Tobi jerked away from you caused you to pull back.

Noticing this, Shisui frowns. "I guess things didn't go well?"

You sigh, your gaze falling to the ground. Tobis hurtful and confusing words still swimming and screaming around in your mind. None of what he said made sense??

Why the hell does he care about Shisui so bad? Why did he keep saying Uchiha like there's another?

How in the world did he know about the clan? How did he know about Obito?!!

"He um, he was too drunk to reason with." You mumble sadly.

"What did he say to you."

You look up, Shisui's eyes were thin and he appeared angry. Rarely have you ever seen the boy of smiles without one on. Your brows curl towards the sky as you decide whether to say anything or not. Ultimately you chose to bury what happened and think about it later.

"It's okay he just had to get back home." Looking away you frown and whisper. "I think I should too. Looks like i'm all alone out here."

Shisui's eyes go wide as he realizes your party had in fact left you. Peering back into the restaurant a sad expression crosses his face. Looking back to you he wonders why they would have left considering his conversation with Hidan he didn't take them for bad people? Excluding Tobi however. From the beginning he could tell something was off about the masked guy but being the polite person he was he never said a word. He only wondered what he ever did to get on the guys bad side.

One thing Shisui truly understood besides the awful atmosphere Tobi created when he was around him was how he looked to you.

Every so often during dinner Shisui would catch Tobis drunken eyes glued to you. Though hard to see you could easily mistake his looks for lust from the alcohol but Shisui's eyes were sharper than that. Within that dark hole were worried eyes. The eyes of a man who had something precious taken away from him. That 'precious thing' Shisui speculated to be you.

To prove his theory Shisui flirted with you, not just to see Tobis reaction but to know your feelings too. He does indeed fancy you but always was a second character, never fast enough to get your attention. Sure it made him sad but he understood why he was second place. It wasn't just him either but every boy to you was, none could compare to that one. He knew this and was fine with it as long as he made you happy he was happy.

That's why he was content to see you run after Tobi as fast as you did. It was clear as day to the young Uchiha what happened while he was away. Never had he seen you run so fast for a boy in his life. Not for him, not Itachi not even Kakashi. Of all people a guy who doesn't even show his face. He must have became one very special person to her. Normally she'd just stand by and let them cool off but this was different. The look in her eyes were different than normal. She looked so alive so filled with life and emotion.

He smiled to himself gazing down at the goggles hung over your nape. I've only heard of one guy who could do that.

A warm feeling enveloped your hand suddenly, squeezing you tenderly Shisui reassures you. "Why don't I walk back with you?"