𝙰 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗(𝙿𝚝 𝟸)

Back at the tavern, the Captain is behind the bar organising some bottles with Elizabeth on the other side of the bar, cleaning it. She smiles and looks up at Meliodas.

"So, Sir Meliodas?" She asks. He hums in response and turns to face her. "How would you describe King? What kind of person is he?"

"Hmm, let's see now. I'd say he's kinda like the Eight Deadly Sins mascot." He replies, leaning back against the bar. "Our pet, I guess."

"Hey! You know perfectly well there are no pets allowed in here!" Hawk says, steam coming out of his nose. "Having an animal in a dining establishment is disgusting!" Meliodas and Elizabeth look at the pig with dumfound looks.

"Ever heard the word irony?" Meliodas asks, arms crossed. "Oh, about King." He continues, looking back at Elizabeth. "There was a time when Ban was totally into collecting plushies."

"Seriously?" Elizabeth says amused, her voice slightly shaking with a giggle. Hawk snorts.

"That's just adorable."

(Normal=Present)(Italics=Past)

King hugs a bunch of stuffed animals with tears down his face and loud cries coming out of his mouth.

"This is heart-breaking!" King says, tearfully. Ban, who seems to be slightly drunk, lays on a sofa full of plushies of all kinds.

"Give it a rest huh," Ban says, smirking.

"How could steal these wonderful things!" King asks as Ban takes another gulp of his ale. "Each one is an emotional piggy bank, bank full of their owner's memories, feelings and desires! You just, just...a nasty man who feels nothing!" King shouts, shaking.

"What they're packed full of are rice and stuffing," Ban says, picking up a stuffed animal with a tear in the back. "What did I tell you-"

"Don't you dare!" King cries out. Y/N appears from behind King and quickly makes her way over to the fox sin and grabs the plushie before Ban could tear it more and hands it to King, who hugs it tightly. She places her hand on his back and begins patting it, while he continues to cry.

"Y/N told me he sobbed all night long," Meliodas says.

"It's alright buddy. It's alright." She comforts, glaring at Ban.

"Then the next morning while Ban was passed out and snoring away..." 

Ban now sleeps and snores on the sofa with nothing but bottles of ale around him.

=

A little girl lays in her bed with tears in her eyes. Only for King to gently place a brown bear beside her and she immediately snuggles up to it with a smile. King then pulls his covers over the little girl with a smile. That next morning King flies through the village listening to all the children tell their parents about founding their missing plushies and he smiles.