𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝(𝙿𝚝 𝟹)

Three long ropes are attached to the sword, pulled by the strong and buff men of the village. Mead still pulling. They all scream in frustration to pull the sword out as the two Knights sit on the well, drinking their ale laughing hysterically.

"It won't even move a fraction an inch!" The tall one says.

"We're gonna sit here chugging this cheap stuff and enjoy the show"

"Come out!" Mead struggles before screaming. The knights laugh.

"He looks so desperate!"

"What a bunch of morons" The two are about to clink mugs before realizing the mugs are gone.

"Anyone who doesn't appreciate good quality booze doesn't deserve to drink it," Meliodas says, holding their mugs. Y/N by his side. The ropes then snap and the men, and Mead, fall to the ground, groaning. Meliodas and Y/N walk past them, drinking the mugs of booze they got from the knights.

"That hit the spot," Y/N says, placing her and Meliodas's mug down beside a tired Mead. Y/N and Meliodas walk over to the sword.

"Sorry you guys, We don't have any money for that drink. How about this" Meliodas and Y/N each grab a side of the sword and slowly lift it out of the ground. They pull it out and hold it up high and everyone looks at them with shock.

"Impossible! Only a holy knight could pull that sword out" The tall knight says, looking at Meliodas in a sock "So how did they do that?" The ground begins to shake.

"What's that sound?" Suddenly the two knights have pushed off the well as water sprays out. Y/N has the sword over her shoulder and they walk to the Knights.

"Think this is yours?" Y/N says as she throws it on the ground. The knights pick it up and begin running away screaming. Mead runs over.

"Hey, Mister! Lady!, that was so amazing. Are you two...?"

"Yep. We're the proprietor of a fine drinking establishment. It's true"

"That's not what I meant!" Y/N bends down to Mead.

"Yeah well, isn't there something you need to be doing" She looks behind him and Mead turns around to see the village giving him a sorry look?

"Look, Mead. We were wrong. Can you ever forgive us for treating you that way?"

"But what right do I have to ever forgive you. It's not like I'm part of the village" Meliodas pushes Mead forward.

"Go on"

"Hey, what do you mean to go on? After all, I don't belong here"

"Mead, mead, mead, mead, mead" Everyone begins saying. Mead begins crying before running over and hugging the chief.

"You can lie to yourself all you want, but there's no way you'' be able to fool your own heart," Meliodas says, making Elizabeth smile. Y/N places her hand on Meliodas's shoulder, seeing his smile drop. He looks at her and she smiles.

Later that night, everyone is in the pub

"To Meliodas, Y/N and the Boar Hat!" A villager says "Cheers!"

"I, uh, I'm not sure if I'm ready," Elizabeth says "I've never really done anything like this before. My heart pounding"

"I think I understand. It's your first-time" Meliodas says, leaning forward. Y/N is sat on the bar, facing their way "Could you just say that again, but slower"

"What are you doing with her you pervert!" Hawk says. Y/N sits there, drinking her ale.

"Tell you what, just focus on your waitressing today. Don't worry about gathering any intel" Meliodas says.

"Stay relaxed out there. That's the most important thing" Y/N says.

"I can do that! I will be relaxed" Minutes later, Meliodas, Hawk, and Y/N sit at the bar watching Elizabeth mess up. She accidentally slips and a mug falls onto a customer's head. She begins bowing.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry about that" She says. The customer waves her off as forgiveness.

"Y-You didn't order this?" Elizabeth asks, a plate with a pie and ale on "Then who-"

"Over here" A man waves her over.

"Okay" Elizabeth walks over but she trips over her feet and falls. The pie goes onto the customer's face. Elizabeth looks up at him in tears. Meliodas looks at Elizabeth unamused, while Y/N tries to hold it together, a mug in hand.

"Oh, yeah. They're no shortage of scraps for me tonight" Hawk says, walking over.

"Wanna help her?" Meliodas asks. Y/N looks at him.

"...Meh," Y/N says, before taking a drink of her ale.

"Ha! You haven't done any hard work a day in your life, have you?" Mead says.

"Uh, I"

"Oh, it's totally obvious. You completely suck at this job" The Auntie walks over to Mead.

"Now that's enough. Don't you start mouthing off again" Auntie says. Mead jumps "Didn't you learn your lesson today" She crosses her arms "Children who get too big for their bridges get taken out and left in the Forest of White Dreams"

"Oh, no! Not there" Mead pleads.

"Forest of White Dreams?" Elizabeth asks.

"It's a place so spooky, even Holy Knights won't travel through it" Mead explains. He turns around to Auntie "Oh, Auntie. I promise I'll be good, I'll behave. Anything but that"

"And just why should I believe you?" She says.

"I promise. I swear!"

"Don't try putting one over on me" Elizabeth looks out the window "I've got my eye on you" Later, Meliodas is cleaning a mug, while Y/N is sitting in the chair drinking more ale. They then both hum and share a quick look.

"Shouldn't you two see what's up? We just had a princess run out of here" Hawk says "Aren't you gonna make her feel better" Meliodas walks away.

"Hmm, gotta go pee," He says. Hawk looks to Y/N, who stands up.

"Meh," She says and leaves.

"Man, my bosses are real slackers," Hawk says "Guess I'm the one in charge of bringing home the bacon around here now"

【Aspen】

20/01/2020

Last Edited:29/09/2023