𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗(𝙿𝚝 𝟹)

The night seems to fly by as the sunrise begins creeping up, the sounds of bird chirping waking Y/N up. She snores herself up into a sitting position, rubbing her eyes before she shakes her head, fixing her hair. She looks to the sunrise, smiling.

"New Day, new me." She mutters. She begins sniffing the air, drool coming down her mouth. "I smell meat..." She sticks her head over the side of the roof, staring down to see Hawk. She frowns, "Damn it, not food I guess."

"This morning air feels refreshing against my meaty backside, welp after that battle the other day, I better start training to get in shape." Hawk begins running off. Y/N eventually jumps down from the roof and gives herself a big stretch before she catches the smell of Meliodas, and she follows it through the forest.

 Y/N eventually jumps down from the roof and gives herself a big stretch before she catches the smell of Meliodas, and she follows it through the forest

Somewhere in the forest, in an opening, Ban dodges hundreds of daggers, thrown by King, who is floating in the air above him.

"You think I can't handle it, King? Now take this seriously! Like you're trying to kill me." Ban says, hands on hips as he looks up to the fairy king.

"Why exactly should I be trying to do that?" King questions, putting his hands behind his head.

"I wanna get better fast, gotta crush the holy knights and take back the kingdom quick as we can!" Ban suddenly appears behind King, grabbing him by the head and throwing him to the floor, to which King was quick to stop himself from landing.

"You wanna take back the kingdom huh, never thought I hear you say something like that. I always figured you didn't care about anybody but yourself."

"And weren't you kinda the same way to." Ban spits onto the floor, as King rests on his pillow.

"I suppose so, but in my case I happen to have a special objective which is to help Y/N out." He says, smiling with a small blush on his face.

"I have one of those to." Ban says, peeking King's interest. "Save the kingdom, then I can take that trumpet of Cernunnos. Seems like a pretty good reward to me."

"You want the Trumpet of Cernunnos? That's a ritual device used to commune with the goddesses, I don't get it, why would you-" King's eyes widen at the realisation. "Wait..."

"Yeah, I'll call on 'em, and have them bring back Elaine!" Ban says, looking up at King.

"Ban."

"So keep it coming! Bring it!"

"Darn, I guess I have to accept him now." King mutters to himself. "It's time, right Elaine." King sees Ban's hesitant look. "You're worried about the Captain, aren't you? I thought so. Deep down, I feel the same way. I saw how the Captain looked...He was like-"

"Go ahead! Say it!" King's cut off by Ban grabbing his collar, clenching his jaw.  "Just one more word and I'll knock your teeth out!"

"But, you saw it too! Didn't you?! A-And you told me Y/N seen it to! How she was scared of the Captain! Why would she be scared, unless she knows somethi-" Ban tightens his hold on King.

"But, you seen the both of them!"

"There's no way! The captain isn't anything a damn thing like that monster! Something like that, just can't be true! And the Lieutenant! She wouldn't keep something like this from us! She just...wouldn't." Ban let's go of King's shirt. "I still remember when the Captain and Lieutenant said I could follow them. Ever since the day I was born, people everywhere stay cleared of me, it felt like my life had no meaning, but they didn't care about my past! The only three people like that in this whole world, are them and Elaine."

Y/N breaks the clearing of the forest, spotting Meliodas sat on the mountain

Y/N breaks the clearing of the forest, spotting Meliodas sat on the mountain. She walks up to him and sits besides him.

"You doing okay, Shorty?" She questions, tilting her head at him.

"Yeah, it's just hard to believe that the Holy Knights have gotten that powerful." He says. Y/N shrugs at him.

"It just means we can't hold our punches from here on in." Meliodas grabs onto a petal from a plant and places it into his mouth. "Gross man." He just shrugs and spits it out. She watches as he snaps of a branch from a small tree, and begins standing up.

"I guess we'll have to give up on that." Y/N stands in suit, nodding her head.

"Indeed we will have to, if we want to win." He holds the twig out in front of him before bringing it down, cutting the mountain in half. Y/N following him into the Crater and down the crack, to which as the end are the other Sins, Elizabeth and Hawk.

"When shooting stars fill the night sky in the form of crosses, Britannia will face her most desperate hour." Y/N says, her voice echoing down the crack, as she walks behind Meliodas.

"This is a trial, pre-ordained since ancient times, and it will herald the beginning of a Holy War between guiding hand of the light and the bloodline of the darkness." Meliodas continues, as they get closer to the other side.

"Captain? Lieutenant?" King says.

"Sir Meliodas. Lady Y/N."

"We promise you, for the sake of the person who always fought at out side. This war's been raging on for 3000 years, but we'll end it, once and for all."

【Aspen】

【Aspen】

Okay, so this is a very short chapter, as it was the last bit of the episode, and I will admit I struggled on this one because I had no idea how to write the character in, but hopefully I will have an epiphany and come back and edit it, but for not, it stays like this. So I guess I'll see you in the next chapter, whenever that may be! Ta Ta!

Date Published: 15/02/2023
Last Edited: 29/09/2023