𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝(𝙿𝚝 𝟸)

"Well, we've done things that sucked less," Meliodas says to Mead who's resting his head on a table. Y/N is sitting opposite him, drinking a mug of booze.

"You weren't getting hundreds of rocks thrown at you, you just got one" Y/N says.

"Tell me, kid, why did they all"

"Don't call me that, you're a kid too" Y/N snorts.

"No, I'm not actually"

"You act like it," Y/N says, drinking her booze.

"What is this, a tavern?" Mead asks.

"Yeah. The Boar hat, it's our place"

"Well, I'm hungry"

"if you answer our questions, I'll make sure you get some food," Y/N says. Mead puts his hands behind his head and smiles.

"Nope, food first" Meliodas groans before giving him. Later, a plate with food on it is in front of Mead.

"That look's great! I can't wait to dig into this" Mead takes a bit of the chicken leg(?-I think). He instantly spits it back out. Meliodas is at the bar, filling two mugs with booze.

"I never claimed it was going to be any good" Meliodas goes back over to the table and places two mugs down, one for himself the other for Y/N. He sits next to Y/N.

"So, is it true?" Y/N asks "All that stuff about you being friends with the Eight Deadly Sins?"

"Your food gave me amnesia" Mead sniffs before looking at them. Y/N sweat drops.

"This is why children annoy me" She mutters, taking another drink of her booze.

"Wait a minute are you two drinking Vanya Ale?" He watches Meliodas take a drink "Hey, should a kid your age be drinking that"

"I already told you, I'm not a kid"

"Man, it tastes really good doesn't it"

"Yep," Y/N says, drinking the ale.

"It's the best, sweetest full-bodied...Oh, so I hear from the adults" The door opens and in walks Elizabeth and Hawk, who closes the door.

"You two made it back," Meliodas says. Elizabeth leans down to Mead.

"So Mean, I hear you quite the prankster with a bad sense of humor," Elizabeth says, "The chief in your village told me so"

"What's it to you? Who do you think you are, my mother?" Elizabeth smiles before kneeling on the floor.

"When I was young, I used to get scolded by my father for pulling pranks"

"Yeah, and that means what to me?" Elizabeth continues to smile.

"I wanted his attention. He wasn't the father I was born to" Elizabeth says. Y/N and Meliodas look at her with curiosity "Then one day, when I was a little girl, I climbed a tall tree in the garden, hoping to give him a real scare. He turned pale as a ghost and started up the tree to try and save me. This man, who has never climbed one in his entire life. Then he fell out of the tree and hurt himself, but luckily it wasn't serious" She pauses "But still, I remember every minute of it like it was yesterday. If he died, I know that I could have never forgiven myself" Mead puts his hand on the table.

"I don't do this kind of stuff, because I don't feel for them, they're all good to me" Elizabeth places her hand on his back, smiling.

"Then why do you?" She asks.

"My mom and dad were always going from place to place, I was even born on the road. But when we stopped her in Vanya a few years ago, there was an epidemic, they got sick and died. That's when the people of the village took me in and raised me as one of their very own. And I was so thankful they did, but I wasn't a part of anyone's real family" Mead starts to tear up "I got jealous 'cause I knew I would never get what they had" He starts crying "I started lying and pulling pranks" He wipes his tears.