Thirty-Five

A/N: OH SHIT YALL MY BAD LMFAO I FORGOT TO UPDATE SOOO HERES AN EXTRA LONG ONE FOR YA :') enjoy !!

Freya's POV:

Living  with Artemis in a foster home has been

Living with Artemis in a foster home has been...well, not the best. Seeing that our—well, her parents being arrested on the news took a toll, and let's just say things between us were awkward.

Neither of us talked about it and I'm positive we didn't even want to talk about it.

On the somewhat bright side of things, I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to do any warm-ups, I didn't have to do anything related to help the Injustice Society.

I was free and it never felt so refreshing.

Except for one thing. I still have nightmares and I guess there are still bits of Brainwave's side effects from the mind block but I didn't want to burden the others. They didn't need to know about it.

Especially since I'm barely getting out of thin ice with them so the most I could do is just sleep somewhere else whenever I could to get a decent sleep.

I mean, it's sort of almost every night but we don't need to talk about it.

It took a while for me to make it up to the others to trust me again. It was awkward the first couple of weeks but with Courtney's help, they're slowly getting used to my presence again.

All except Yolanda and Rick.

Rick kept things cordial but continues to make some snarky remarks here and there which can sometimes hurt but at the same time, I deserved it.

Yolanda on the other hand, she's friendly to me of course, but not to the point of our usual daily night calls. She's still iffy at the same time and honestly, I didn't blame her. I willingly broke her trust after she was still heartbroken over Henry and I wanted to fix that.

Like today.

Courtney invited our friends to come over and prepare for Christmas dinner and let's just say, I'm having a mini panic attack in her room.

"This isn't stupid, right?" I ask Courtney as she finished wrapping her Christmas present for Pat while I paced back and forth in the room. "Like, what if Yolanda rejects the gift I got her? Dammit, I knew I should've kept looking."

Courtney raised a brow. "Freya, have you not heard of Secret Santa before? It's just a coincidence you ended up picking her name."

"I've heard of it but I've never actually participated in it!" I groaned in frustration and sat on the bench near the window, watching as the snow fell from the sky. "I knew I should've gone shopping with you and your mom." I murmured, bringing my knees close to my chest.

"Hey, I'm sure your gift is great." She assured with a smile. "And knowing Yolanda, she'll be happy with anything if it comes from the heart."

"Not if she still doesn't completely trust me." I mutter in annoyance. "Do I have to go down there? Honestly, I think I'm starting to have a fever—"