Twenty-One

Freya's POV:

"You sure he'll want to talk to us?" I ask once the hospital's elevator doors shut. "I mean, didn't you say he closed the door on your face when you said hi?"

"That was one time." Courtney emphasized. "Besides, once I slowly ease the truth onto him, maybe he'll see what his dad is doing is wrong."

"And you'll think he'll believe it?" I crossed my arms.

"I mean, there's no other explanation for his powers." The elevator comes to a stop and seconds after the doors slowly open, revealing the hospital floor. "Come on."

I follow her through the hallway until she stops by one of the doors that were already wide open, showing that Henry stood next to his father's bedside.

Before Courtney could knock, Henry looks away from his dad and locks eyes with us in shock.

"Henry," Courtney greeted as she took a couple of steps inside.

"What do you want?" He coldly stated. It's silent for a moment as he glanced between us before he looked to his father. "You hurt my dad?"

Oh great, he's already reading minds.

"No! I-I mean, I wasn't thinking--"

"It wasn't a seizure. It was you." He rose his voice and tried to take a step closer to her but I quickly stand in front of her with a glare.

" He rose his voice and tried to take a step closer to her but I quickly stand in front of her with a glare

"Henry, relax." I try to assure. If we were being technical, I was the one who used the rope to choke him and pull him away from Courtney.

"You—you tried to choke him?" Henry accused, causing my eyes to widen. Crap.

Instantly, a strike of pain travels across my head which causes me to stumble back with a grunt, feeling the telepathic pain.

"Henry--"

"You put him here." He gritted his teeth, forcing the pain to become stronger and I tightly clutch onto the sides of my head.

"He threatened to kill my mom!" Courtney raised her voice as she carefully held me up so I wouldn't collapse. "He was going to kill me so Freya saved me!"

"So you fried his brain?" He sarcastically questioned, but the pain eases which causes me to heavily pant in somewhat a relief.

"It wasn't on purpose." She stated.

The pain diminishes and I look to Courtney with a nod, showing that I could stand on my own again. She quickly walks over to shut the door, knowing that anybody could easily walk into our conversation.

"Did you know your dad was a part of--"

"The Injustice Society, I know." He interrupted which caused my eyes to widen.