One

FLASHBACK

Nobody's POV:

Christmas Eve.

The night of where families come together, forgetting about the troubles in their lives to celebrate with their loved ones. A night filled with gifts exchanged, the overplayed but yet, never old Christmas music, catching up with loved ones to subtly brag about how their lives are, and the feelings of anticipation from kids, wondering what they got for Christmas.

"Santa Claus is coming to town..." The Christmas song lightly played on the radio from Pat's Buick Super hardtop as he sped through the streets of Los Angeles.

" The Christmas song lightly played on the radio from Pat's Buick Super hardtop as he sped through the streets of Los Angeles

However, that didn't apply to Pat Dugan.

"Starman, are you there? Over." Pat yelled into the mini communicator in his hand.

"Stripesy?" A hoarse voice responded in shock.

"Copy that. I'm on my way. Over."

"Your career will be over if you don't follow my orders and stay away." Starman argued which caused Pat to wince at the chaos in the background.

"I did follow your orders. I grabbed the kid before the others could get her." Pat raised his voice, taking a glance towards the five-year-old in the back who was playing with her bunny plushy in her hands.

In her eyes, she was completely oblivious to what was going on. All she could think about was being reunited with her father again. Towards the beginning of winter break, she was staying at one of her father's friend's houses but Pat made a surprise visit by saying he and her father are taking her on a surprise trip to Nebraska.

According to the five-year-old, anything was better than just sitting at home. She spent most of her time under supervision and this was the first time she was going out of state.

"You're not in the JSA, Pat. You're my sidekick." Starman yelled into the coms. "Get the kid out of town and--" He's immediately cut off from his sentence with a cry of pain until the communicator from his end shuts off.

"Starman! Sylvester!" Pat yelled into the coms but groaned in frustration at the silence.

Taking notice of his demeanor, the child leaned forward from her spot. "Mister...what's wrong?"

His eyes slightly widen, remembering about the child in the backseat which causes him to nervously laugh. "Nothing! It's just...we're running a bit late for our flight but I need to pick up some things before we could leave." He assured and she slowly nods, leaning back to her seat.

Her eyes trailed to his red and white striped outfit which causes her to cover her mouth to stifle a giggle. He looks like a candy cane, she thought to herself.

As the vehicle neared the gates, Pat pushes the gas pedal harder which forces the gates to slam open

The girl's eyes widened in awe at the flashes of green light inside the mansion, assuming that whatever was going on inside, she had to see it for herself.