Two

Freya's POV:

"Hey, who wants to go right now?" Artemis challenged some of the guys at her lunch table who were a part of the football and basketball team. "I got you, I got you, I got all of y'all!" She pointed to each of them except for me.

I try to finish scribbling down one of my answers to my homework, but the people at the table began to pound their fists on the table as they chanted 'Go! Go! Go!' while Artemis attempted to arm wrestle the guy next to her which caused me to let o...

I try to finish scribbling down one of my answers to my homework, but the people at the table began to pound their fists on the table as they chanted 'Go! Go! Go!' while Artemis attempted to arm wrestle the guy next to her which caused me to let out a groan.

I close my binder and shove it in my bag. "I'm moving to a different table." I say to Artemis but she waved her hand dismissively, not even bothering to spare a glance.

I grab my lunch tray and look around for any empty seats, seeing how the tables were all occupied with different groups of students.

My eyes finally land on the table that was near the side of the room, seeing three people at a table with two empty chairs in front of them.

We weren't friends but...it could be worse.

As I approached the table, my eyes slightly widen in realization that the one person I recognized was Yolanda.

Memories from three months ago flashed in my mind, remembering about the backlash she faced with everyone at school.

I awkwardly place my things down next to Yolanda who was eating her salad but didn't try to greet any of them.

I mean, I wasn't friends with any of them so why bother.

I continued to eat the lunch my Dad specifically made for me to fit into his gym diet but shortly after, someone speaks up from behind.

"Hi, I'm Courtney." I turn and see a curly-haired blonde who gave a small smile.

"I'm Beth." The girl with the glasses greeted. It was obvious that Courtney waited for Yolanda and the other guy to introduce themselves but they both stayed silent as they continued to eat their food.

I look back towards my lunch to continue eating and hear Courtney place her things down next to me.