Four

Freya's POV:

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Courtney denied but Dr. King put his hands behind his back as he walked closer to her.

 King put his hands behind his back as he walked closer to her

"Yes, you do."

Several students pass by me as they laugh and I quickly hide again, knowing that Courtney and Dr. King were going to turn at the sound until they knew they were by themselves again.

"You'll pay for what you did to my dad and the JSA." Courtney sternly stated which caused my eyes to widen. That's why she's here.

She seemed so innocent, though. It doesn't look like a threat with the way my parents described the JSA.

"You're frightened." Dr. King took a step closer to her. "Your father was frightened, too, of so many things. You're going to bring me the Cosmic Staff. You're going to come back here with it at midnight."

The next thing I knew, Courtney clutches onto the side of her head with a grunt and stumbled to the wall to hold her balance.

"Your mother..." I hear Dr. King's voice echo in my head which causes me to subconsciously clutch to my head as well but realized that it didn't hurt."Barbara. I will kill your mother if you don't bring me the staff. Do you understand?"

How am I able to hear his thoughts if he's not telepathically talking to me?

Courtney slowly leaned off the wall and judging from her posture, I could tell she's getting terrified.

"I'll make it look like she had a stroke. I will make sure that her death is extremely painful." He continued until I felt the connection break away from my mind, causing me to let out a pained gasp.

"Midnight." He spoke out once more until Courtney stumbled back, quickly running out of the hall and back into the gym.

" He spoke out once more until Courtney stumbled back, quickly running out of the hall and back into the gym

However, I got out of my hiding spot and walked towards Dr. King with a glare. "What was that? Now she knows about who you are!" I scold as he placed his glasses on.

"I know what I'm doing." He raised a brow and instantly I feel the slight pain inside my head which caused me to clutch onto it. "You, however...why didn't you inform your parents about her having the staff?"