Thirteen

Freya's POV:

"Audible! Audible! You got this!" I look up from my sketchbook, seeing Artemis getting into her quarterback position. "Ready? Set. Hut! Hut, Hut!"

She receives the football from the center and quickly dashes to the right, doing a fake-throw once a player tries to approach her but ducks underneath which causes him to flip over her. She masterfully evades each attempt of the players trying to steal the ball and continues to sprint towards the endzone.

As she was inching closer to the zone, she slows down to a jogging pace, but one of the players from the opposite team body-checks her side late and she falls harshly to the ground.

I wince at the sound of the impact but both of my parents stand up from their spots with a gasp while the rest of the crowd groaned.

"What the hell?" My dad called out in annoyance but Artemis quickly pushes herself up from the ground. She yanks off her helmet with a glare as well as the player that tackled her.

She starts to argue with the guy who simply wore a smirk, almost as if he was proud of the fact he did the late tackle.

He starts to walk away with an amused look but from where I sat, I could still see my sister's clenched fists as she walked towards him.

The next thing I knew, she strikes a punch across his cheek which sends him instantly to the ground which causes my eyes to widen but my Dad lets out a cheer.

"Yeah!" He cheers as my mom smiled in satisfaction with a chuckle. "Nice hit, sweetie. Did you see that, Freya? That's what you do. Never let them walk all over you."

Coach Hank blows the whistle and gestures for Artemis to come towards him. "Crock!"

"Oh, come on!" My dad scoffed.

"That was a late hit, Coach." Artemis immediately tries to explain as Coach Hank placed his hands on his hips with disapproval.

"Yours was later."

"I'm carrying this team and you know it." She argued but he pointed to the bench on the side.

"Bench."