Seven

Freya's POV:

"Are you crazy?" I exclaim but Courtney shushes me, quickly looking around to make sure none of the students in the hallway were watching. "Not only did you sneak back in to the JSA's old headquarters, but you stole all of their stuff!" I scold as I gestured to the picture on her phone where it had several of the suits folded neatly on her bed. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"We need help. You said it yourself, it would take more than us to stop the Injustice Society which is why we need a team." She pointed to the suits with a grin.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "And who exactly were you going to recruit?"

"I already decided on two of them, actually." She said, shutting off her phone before grabbing something from her backpack. She pulls out the large golden helmet and quickly puts it in my locker which causes my eyes to widen. "I'm looking at the next Doctor Fate."

"You're joking. I'm not--" I tried to give her back the helmet but she pushed it back in the locker.

"Freya," She groaned. "I saw you staring at this thing when we were down there. It was meant to be yours."

"I didn't even agree to being involved with this!" I exclaim and push the helmet back to her.

"You had a good amount of chances to tell me to screw off but you didn't, did you?" She pointed out which caused me to glare. "See! You know I'm right." She shoves the helmet back inside.

"I don't even have any powers, Courtney." I tried to argue but she rolled her eyes. "I'm not qualified for this."

"You don't need to have powers to be a superhero. Batman didn't have any."

I furrow my brows in confusion. "He's rich and smart."

"Look, if you can help me convince this person to be in the team, you can give back the Doctor Fate helmet and I won't ask you anymore, okay?" She held out her hand. "I promise."

I glance between the suit and her hand before I roll my eyes and shook her hand. "Deal." I shut my locker. "Who else were you looking to recruit?"

She opens the yearbook she had in her hands and flips through a couple of pages until it lands on a picture of Yolanda who posed with her boxing glove and a smirk.

"Really? You think she would say yes?" I ask but Courtney shrugs.

"Doesn't hurt to try."

"What did you just say to my boyfriend, huh?" We look up and see Cindy and Jenny, taunting Yolanda by her locker again. "Something dirty, I bet. Listen, he's seen enough of you. Got it? Everyone has. So stay away from him."

I try to take a step forward but Courtney grabs my arm. "What? Weren't you telling me the other day to start standing up for her?"

"Yeah, but with words. You looked like you were gonna kill her." Courtney hesitantly explained. "Let me try this time, okay?"