Twenty-Three

Freya's POV:

"It came to me last night but I said I couldn't go out so this morning I went to check on it and saw that it was gone! I double-checked the crate, Pat's workshop, but nothing! I can't find it anywhere." Courtney rubbed the sides of her head in frustration as we walked through the town. "And Mike basically told me to get lost because he wanted to know what Pat and I were talking about."

My eyes soften. "I'm sorry, Court."

"We have to find the staff, get everyone else, and take the fight to Jordan." She says but stops me from walking. "My mom wants me to leave Blue Valley today."

"Courtney, maybe this is a sign." I cross my arms with discomfort. "Without the staff, do we even stand a chance?"

"How could you even say that?" She shook her head with disbelief. "I thought you--"

"Freya! Courtney!" I hear Henry's voice echo in my head which causes Courtney and I to look around until I finally see Henry stand nearby the coffee shop.

Crap.

We quickly cross the street once we see there weren't any cars coming and cautiously walk up to him. "Henry?"

"I have so much to say, I don't even know where to start." He places a hand on my shoulder and instantly my vision turns white, causing me to grab ahold of Courtney's arm.

There were flashbacks of Dr. King being in a hospital bed, along with his voice echoing in my head. "We killed them." Flashbacks of Henry's perspective of watching recorded tapes of his father, "Including Merri's brother, Starman. Damn you, Jordan." It then transitions into him spying on Jordan, his father, and I leaving the hospital with the Cosmic Staff. "Merri is dead."

The vision instantly cuts off and returned to normal, but I stumble against the wall to catch my balance

The vision instantly cuts off and returned to normal, but I stumble against the wall to catch my balance. "What the--"

"Look, I-I'm sorry!" Henry stammered, his eyes worriedly darting between Courtney and I. "I-I don't know what that was. I--"

"I could see everything you were thinking." Courtney scolded as she helped me stand to my feet which caused my eyes to widen.

"You saw it too?" I question.

"Only parts of it, but...your dad's awake?" She questioned as she looked at Henry and he nods. "A-And your mom was Starman's sister?"

"Yeah."

"You're my cousin?" Courtney questioned and she released my arm. "We're family." She quickly pulls him into a hug and he lets out a grunt at the sudden contact.

"Uh..." I awkwardly cough. "can you guys do the family reunion after?"

"Right, sorry." Courtney cleared her throat as she pulled away.

"Jordan has your staff. And my dad." He emphasized but her eyes widen.

"Henry, your dad knows who I am. He said he was going to kill my mom--"