Twenty-Five

Freya's POV:

I take a step forward, aiming both of my hands at Brainwave and blast the surge of energy, but a forcefield instantly forms in front of him.

Courtney fires from her staff as well but I look back to Rick and Henry. "I can't keep this on for long, hurry!" I grunt, holding the blast towards Brainwave.

Rick tries to pry the bars again but this time Henry lifts his hands. "How about an assist?" Henry offered and Rick nods.

A wave of energy surrounds the two bars and Rick pulls them apart with Henry's help from his telekinetic powers.

I turn back around, fixing my stance which caused the surge of my blasts to emit brighter.

"If you were truly on the ISA's side," I hear Brainwave's voice echo through my mind, feeling the pricks of pain ripple across my head. "you'd have joined me by now."

"Move it!" I hear Henry say and I briefly turn, seeing Rick step through the opening.

"Not stand side by side with Stargirl. With the Justice Society of America." He continued, causing a loud ring to pierce through my hearing. "You're a traitor."

Something trickles down from my ears but I push my hands forward more. "Nngh!" I accidentally let out a grunt.

"Freya, you need to go now!" Courtney shouts but I shake my head.

"I can hold him off, you go!" She quickly shakes her head. "I said go, Court!" She groans and stops the blast from her staff before she quickly steps through.

"Freya, you're next." Henry calls out.

"I'm not going...until everyone goes!" I grunt, pushing my hands forward again which caused a ripple to flow through the blast as the ringing in my ear rang louder. "Agh!"

The next thing I knew, something levitates me from the floor and I'm thrown through the opening in which I collapse on my back. I frantically look up and see the bars bend back to shape where Henry couldn't step inside.

"No!" I grunt as I push myself up from the ground. "Rick, pull the bars again!"

He grabs the bars with his hands again and tries to pry them open, but they remained still.

"Chuck? Chuck, can you hear me?" Beth frantically tapped on her goggles.

"You're misdirected, but you're strong, Henry." Brainwave's voice echoed through my mind once more, almost as if he purposefully wanted me to hear their conversation. "That's good."

A wave of green energy strikes through Henry until it stopped by the metal bars which causes him to cry out in pain and rest on his knee.

"Stand back!" Yolanda yells as she pushed us out of the way with her claws extended. She slashes left and right with her claws but to her shock, the bars still held together.