Fifteen

Freya's POV:

From below, I see that the others were already waiting near Rick's car and I carefully land in front of them. "Sorry, we're late." I greet once I carefully help Yolanda to the ground and Courtney gives a small nod.

"It's alright, but..." She trails off at the large building in front of us. "are you sure The Gambler's in here?"

"Who comes up with these names?" Rick asked, his voice laced with annoyance. He didn't look too thrilled about the fact he had to wear his Hourman suit.

"I like 'em." Beth grinned as she adjusted the cape around her shoulders. "Chuck says the signal's still active. So, yep, he's in there."

"Wonder what he's doing," Yolanda whispered.

"Who cares?" Rick muttered but Courtney walks over to stand in front of us.

"Okay. You guys sure about this?" She asked, making sure to meet each of our eyes.

Rick flips over the hourglass which sent a wave of gold energy to spread over his body. "Hell yes."

Yolanda nods. "I'm sure."

"Yeah. Me too." Beth hesitantly answered.

I nod. "I'm waiting for the moment to say 'I told you so'." I sarcastically remark.

"Let's move. It's time to start getting answers." Rick stated and tries to step around Courtney but she stopped him.

"Hey. Follow my lead." She tried to order.

" She tried to order

"Yeah. Whatever." He muttered and stepped around her which caused her to let out a sigh as we followed behind him. He stops at the door that had a pin code to the side and he lifted his fist. "I got it."

"Stop!" I scold before he could smash it. "You're going to set off the alarm!"

"Well, how are we supposed to get inside then?" Rick raised his voice.

"I can do it." Beth suggested as she quickly stepped in front of us. "The goggles can see the code."

She dials in the four-digit number and the door barely creaks open which causes Courtney to let out a chuckle. "Nice."

"Thanks." Beth grinned before she gestured for us to go inside. "After you."

Courtney steps inside first and Rick followed after with the rest of us trailing behind.

I look around the empty hallways, surprised at the fact that not a single security guard was around. Specifically, several unconscious ones if Steven was here.

We turn to the next hallway and see an empty desk but see a pair of feet sticking out from the side.

We slowly approach the desk until my eyes widened slightly at the sight of the security guard who laid dead with his eyes open in the puddle of his blood.