Seventeen

Freya's POV:

Pat walks over to the whiteboard while the rest of us put our bags down on the table. "Their leader's called Icicle. He's the one responsible for Joey Zarick's death." He starts, pointing to the top picture of the pyramid of Jordan in his ice form.

"And my dad's. But his days are numbered." Courtney cut in, beginning to skillfully twirl the staff in her hands which causes Yolanda to take a step back so she wouldn't get hit. Courtney stops and turns to face us. "The staff and I went after him before, and that's when I barely knew how to use it."

"But you still have a lot to learn. So, let's get started." He said and pushed the whiteboard to the side before he walked over to one of the dummies that had a hockey mask on. "This is Sportsmaster. If there's a better fighter in the world, I've never met them. He first appeared on the scene a few decades ago, battling against Wildcat and Green Lantern--"

"If we wanted a history lesson, we'd ask Beth and her goggles." Courtney interrupted, nodding her head back to Beth.

Pat inhales a breath for a moment until he walked over to the dummy that had a paw over its eye. "Sportsmaster's partner is called Tigress. She's as sadistic as they come, and she uses a crossbow that's lethal--"

"We know. We saw it last week." She spoke up again.

" She spoke up again

"Okay. Let's talk about some of our, uh, more eccentric opponents." He continued and walked over to the dummy that had a purple hat over the paper bag. "Like the Gambler. Don't let his rotund form and southern-fried charm fool you. He's one of the most cunning and nefarious criminal masterminds in the world." He points to the dummy beside it that had long hair. "The Fiddler. Male, Caucasian--"

"Except he's no longer a white dude, she's Principal Bowin." She interrupted once more.

"We don't know that." Pat corrected and Courtney rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, we do."

"Court, you agreed to let me do the training." He calmly tried to say but she took a step forward as the staff glowed in her hands.

"Well, can we speed this up? Who knows how many people are being hurt because we're not out there right this second." She spoke and since I was starting to get irritated at her interruptions, I took a seat on the stairs.

"If you're not trained to work as a team, you'll be the ones getting hurt." He explained, making sure to lock eyes with us before they were trained back to Courtney. "You have no idea the threat that Solomon Grundy presents if they still control him."

He wasn't wrong about that. Jordan had to lock him in his cage near headquarters.

"My point is, rushing to confront them again is too risky." He finished.

"There are always going to be risks." She says, causing the staff to hum in response. Instantly, she flips over Pat and strikes the staff down at the Sportsmaster dummy. She throws the staff as it knocks down the Fiddler and she backflips to catch her staff.