Three

Quick a/n: the gif is not mine! The tumblr acc is @/dailystargirl !

Freya's POV:

"What did you do last night that pissed off our parents that much?" Artemis chuckled as we walked to the cafeteria, pushing our way through the sea of students as they talked amongst themselves. "It's rare for you to be out that late."

"I was training with dad but I went on a walk since I wanted a break. He was..."

"Being Crusher again?" She interrupted with a snort and I nod. "I would've done the same."

"It was just too much." I grab the sandwich and water bottle and place them on my tray before handing the cash to the lunch lady as Artemis did the same.

"So did you hear about Henry's car? Everyone's talking about how it exploded!" She nudged my arm. "He finally got a taste of Karma."

"You know that I don't pay attention to that stuff."

"Oh yeah. You're boring, I forgot." She muttered sarcastically and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Ugh, I knew I should've said yes to--What's up guys!" She immediately says to her group of teammates once we reached the table and I internally cringe, not wanting to sit there again.

"I'm...going to a different table." I say and she nods, continuing her conversation with her friends as I continued to look around for a table.

Seeing the only available table was the one I sat in yesterday with Yolanda and Beth, I walk over to the table and see Beth in the middle of a FaceTime call with her mom

I awkwardly take a seat next to Yolanda once more and soon enough, Courtney took a seat beside me as well. My eyes trailed to the scars near her eye and her forehead, using that as a somewhat confirmation that it was her last night.

The fight between her and Henry was real. But I could've sworn she didn't get hit.

"I've got mom on the line, too!" Beth cheered which broke me out of my thoughts. She taps something on the tablet, assuming that she combined her calls.

"Hey, babe."

"...Hey, hun." Her father greeted.

"Is that Dr. King?" Beth excitedly asked before she waved, causing my eyes to widen in surprise. She knew him? "Hi, Dr. King!"

"Hi, Beth." I hear him greet her.

"Honey, who's that with you?" Her mom questioned.

"Oh, that's Courtney." Beth answered before she moved the tablet so it would face both of them.

"Well, why don't you have lunch with her?" Her mom suggested.

"Yeah, have lunch with your friend, Beth, okay?" Her father awkwardly laughed but somehow felt a bit of pity towards Beth, seeing that this must have been a routine for her to do.