Thirty-Three

Freya's POV:

Instantly my surroundings shift into a different setting and I blink a couple of times, seeing that I now stood in front of a large mansion that was engulfed with green flames.

The dream?

The red and white Buick's tires screech as it halts in front of the mansion, my eyes widening in shock once I see the man step out of his vehicle and instantly knew who he was.

"Stay in the car, okay? Don't get out under any circumstances!" Pat ordered before he sprinted inside the mansion.

Instantly the surroundings change once more and I was now standing near the bushes with a little girl nervously peeking over the bushes at the scene in front of her.

The real Doctor Fate had a bloody patch on his side with his hand pressed against it while the other was aimed towards the ISA. "My friends may not have made it, but I'm not giving up." He grunted before his eyes locked with the little girl that stood nearby me.

"What a shame." Jordan shrugged before he waved his hand, signaling my father as he approached Doctor Fate from behind with a large ice shard.

The next thing I knew, Sportsmaster plunges the shard through the middle of Doctor Fate's back, causing me to let out a gasp as I watch his knees wobble until he collapsed to the floor.

"Nicely done, Sportsmaster." Jordan complimented.

Sportsmaster presents himself in front of Doctor Fate before he casually strolled back to where the rest of the ISA members stood.

Doctor Fate let out a grunt. "D-Don't hurt her."

"Oh, don't worry Doctor Fate," Jordan crouched down to his level with my mom who stood behind with a smirk as well. "You won't die without saying goodbye to her. It's only fair."

I look down to the little girl as she worriedly glanced between Doctor Fate and the ISA members that towered over him.

Jordan pulls off the golden helmet and the girl's eyes widen in shock at the sight of the man who laid on the floor. "Daddy?" She worriedly called and tries to rush forward to his aid but it was almost as if a force held her in place, causing her to clutch onto the sides of her head with a pained expression. "Ugh!"

I look over to Brainwave and see his stern gaze towards her, realizing he was using his powers to prevent her from moving.

"Stop it!" Doctor Fate cried out. "I'll surrender, just—just let her go, please!"

Smirking in satisfaction, Jordan turned to Brainwave. "Ease the pain but keep her still." He ordered and Brainwave nods, forcing the child to turn towards the house.

"Tigress," Jordan called as he nodded his head towards Doctor Fate. "You know what to do."

She nods with a grin. "Yes, sir." She held her claws up in the air and with one strike, she slashed his throat and I cover my mouth in horror at the sight of the puddle of blood forming underneath.

"What do we do with her?" Sportsmaster spoke as the four turned to the child who still tightly clutched onto the gift in her hand, never taking her eyes off of Doctor Fate who now laid still.

"She knows too much, I say we get rid of her." Tigress smirked as she wiped her bloodied claws in her suit.

"She could be useful to us." Brainwave crossed his arms. "She could have information about the whereabouts of Stripesy and Starman."

"I have a better idea." Jordan spoke up as he circled around her. "She could potentially have her father's powers. It would be beneficial to the ISA."