Nine

Freya's POV:

Courtney peeks her head from the side of the dumpster. "Okay, Brainwave's in Intensive Care." She whispered before she looked towards Yolanda and I. "All we need to do is sneak in and steal the visitors' log. And by "we," I mean you two. I'll create a distraction."

Well, that's just great.

Before she could leave, Yolanda grabs her arm. "Wait, wait, wait, what kind of distraction?"

"It'll be great, and we'll be in constant communication. There are two-way radios in the masks." Courtney assured as she pulled her arm away.

"They're gonna kick us out if we walk in with these Halloween costumes!" I scold as I stared at the tall hospital building.

"Yeah, how are we supposed to get in wearing these?" Yolanda added with a bit of frustration laced in her tone since Courtney continued to run off. "Court!"

"You climb! Seventh floor! I believe in you!" She called out before she turned the corner and disappeared

"She forgot about the fact that I don't have claws!" I groaned but Yolanda tugged on my arm, dragging me to the back entrance of the building.

Yolanda fiddled with her fingers as she nervously glanced up at the height of the seventh floor. "This is insane."

I shook my head with disbelief. "I'm sticking to the ground. I didn't sign up to climb the building and risk death for a girl I met this week."

"Remember, Brainwave's room is on the seventh floor." I jump at the sound of Courtney's voice from my helmet. "What floor are you guys on?"

"Uh..." I answer hesitantly and look to Yolanda.

"Zero? Just give me a second, okay?" Yolanda muttered in annoyance. "Oh, lord, please just let me get up there. I--"

I look towards Yolanda with my brows furrowed. "You're seriously having a session with god, right now?"

"A little? Okay, just shh, be quiet." She hushed and I lift my hands in surrender. "I need to concentrate. Quit yapping."

She takes a couple of steps back before she flicked both of her wrists and her claws instantly extended.

She sprints to the building and takes a giant leap, shoving her claws into the brick wall and held on to the side of the building.

"Are you in position?" Courtney asked but my eyes trail to Yolanda's dangling feet.

"If by position, you mean hanging off the side of a building..." I snort as Yolanda grunted, trying to hold herself up. "then, yeah." I stand underneath with an amused expression. "Does this mean God didn't get the message?"

She glares down at me. "What are you? Negative Nancy?" She sarcastically answered before she looked up. I watch as she slowly begins to climb up the wall with her claws until she eventually started to climb at a faster pace, passing the sixth window. "You could at least not be an asshole."