Tʜᴇ Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ·s Cᴀʟʟ

No young man or woman, no matter how great, can know their destiny

No young man or woman, no matter how great, can know their destiny. They cannot glimpse their parts in the significant story that is about to unfold. Like everyone else, they must live and learn. And so it will be for the young warlock and witch arriving at the gates of Camelot. A boy and a girl, who will in time form a legend. Their names, Merlin and Estelle.

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

Birds flew high in the sky, their chirping voice accompanying the young twins on their way through the woods. The scenery was so peaceful, its serenity bringing strange sense of happiness to both. It had been days since they left their home village, Ealdor, which laid on the borders of Camelot and Essetir.

And today was the day when they were meant to reach their final destination.

"Come on, Elle, we're almost there!"

"I have shorter legs, you know! It wouldn't hurt you to slow down a little instead of continuously ushering me to hurry up!" The raven-haired girl mentally rolled her eyes at the enthusiasm that her older brother showed. She didn't like being forced to leave their mother's side, albeit she knew it was for their own protection.

At least that's what their parent told them, and no matter how much she tried to believe it, it just didn't feel like it.

"So small, yet such a big complainer," the warlock muttered beneath his breath, causing his sister to lightly slap his back. He chuckled and finally turned to the sight below.

Noticing Merlin's awed expression, Elle moved to stand beside him on the hill while her gaze set on the glorious city in front of them.

The city of Camelot.

Great stone walls meant to defend everyone inside if needed, a prominent castle hiding behind them. It was a fascinating spectacle, never seen before by either of the siblings since they were raised in a small village.

And the view left them speechless.

Quite frankly, Estelle had never hated life in a village. She wouldn't have changed the way they were brought up because she was very comfortable with things as they were. But even with that in mind, she could agree that this was a great opportunity to experience something new and gain new knowledge.

Merlin enthusiastically peered at his sister, grinning so widely that she had to wonder how come his jaw was still holding together. "Together?" He held out his hand, causing her to smile softly.