Gᴡᴀɪɴᴇ

The siblings rode behind Arthur through a quiet forest after a day of hunting

They arrived on a hill above a village, and the Prince looked down upon the buildings, noticing a tavern. "You know what you need after a hard day's hunt?"

Estelle gave him a careless look, bored out of her mind since they were outside for far too long and didn't do much other than tracking animals.

"Sleep?" Merlin asked, and the blond rolled his eyes.

"A nice, cold tankard of mead," Arthur stated while the witch patted her horse.

"Mead? Really?" She inquired as the Pendragon urged his horse down the hill.

The sorcerers exchanged a brief look before following after the royal. The three of them got off their horses and tied them to a wooden trough.

"No better place to measure the mood of your people than the local tavern," the Prince spoke up, making his maidservant exhale deeply.

"This doesn't appear like a good idea," Elle commented.

"I'd tell him the same, but he'll ignore it, am I right?" Merlin joined in, and the Prince smirked at him.

"You're learning, Merlin. Slowly, but you're learning," Arthur told him while rolling up his sleeves, "Now remember, in here, you two are not my servants. I'm just a simple peasant like everyone else."

"If you say so," Estelle answered casually, and he smiled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. And though she was still a bit mad at him, she leaned onto him, knowing this was one of the rare times they don't have to hide.

"Simple part's right," the warlock muttered, receiving a confused look from the Prince.

"What?" Arthur asked, not sure if he heard right.

"I said the sun is very bright." The girl bit her lip since she registered what he said and hummed in acknowledgement.

"Yeah. Yeah, it is," Arthur replied, looking up at the blue sky for a moment.

The blond led them inside, and together, they sat at an empty table. Arthur scanned the small inn, his hand coming to rest on Estelle's knee, but she managed to slapp his hand away just in time.

He shifted his gaze to her, seeing the amusement in her eyes.

"Hands to yourself, mister," she said playfully, still feeling slight resentment towards him. Instead of that, he caught her hand in his, intertwining their fingers.