Tʜᴇ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ Sʜᴀʀᴇʀ ᴘᴛ.₂

It was a long day for the siblings as both tried to find out something that could help them with Gaius' whereabouts

All thanks to Merlin's investigation, now they at least had a good enough evidence that Agravaine had something to do with it. Why else would he have books of enchantments under his bed?

He as well found a strange kind of mud on the floor there, but they had no luck identifying it.

"This is of no use Merlin," the Queen commented with a heavy heart, growing tired after searching many books to try and find the origin of the strange substance, "We have no proof against Agravaine whatsoever, the fact that you were snooping in his chambers would only endanger you. And this mud you found isn't helping either."

"But we need to do something," he asserted, not looking up from the page he was on as he wasn't about to give up on trying to find out what the substance was, "Have you talked to Arthur about him?"

Estelle exhaled profoundly, glancing at the floor as she moved to sit beside him. "I had. But even when he says he's listening, I don't think he truly is. He doesn't want to believe that his uncle is the traitor."

Merlin shifted his attention to her, noticing the downcast expression she wore. "He trusts you more than anyone, Elle. If there's someone who can talk some sense into him, it is you."

"Not more than Agravaine," she muttered, "The man can talk his way out of everything."

Her brother sighed and set the book aside before pulling her into his embrace. "That's not true. Arthur probably already knows you're right, but he's too big of an arse to admit it."

Estelle frowned and hit him lightly in the side. "What if he finds out about the whole thing with Morgana? He'll think I've been plotting against him all along."

"If it happens, we'll think of a way to prove to him she isn't so bad after all," he assured her with a thoughtful look and kissed her forehead, "As for now, we need to focus on finding Gaius."

"You're right," she agreed and let go of him, "We've wasted enough time already."

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

The Queen of Camelot, along with her brother and Gwaine, who offered to help them, rode through the tranquil forest.

Aside from being glad to be outside and breathe fresh air, Estelle was feeling hopeful.

They had a clue on the physician's whereabouts, and it was all thanks to the knight.

The brown-haired knight helped them identify the strange substance and as well informed them of a place where the ore was mined. The Ridge of Chemary.