Tʜᴇ Tᴇᴀʀs ᴏғ Uᴛʜᴇʀ Pᴇɴᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ᴘᴛ.₂

Estelle awoke before her brother, blinking a few times to focus her vision on the beast hovering over them

Estelle awoke before her brother, blinking a few times to focus her vision on the beast hovering over them. She noticed her hands were free, and neither Merlin was in chains anymore.

The witch slowly sat up, supporting herself with her weakened arms, and sent a grateful look to the dragon, who lightly nodded. She turned towards her brother, looking over him in concern just as he fluttered his eyes open and glanced towards Khilgharrah.

"I didn't think you'd answer my call," Merlin stated hoarsely, struggling to ignore the pain that shot through him when he tried to move.

"Merlin, I could not resist a Dragonlord. Even if I wanted to."

The boy sent him a small smile, incapable of much more at the moment. "I am grateful. Thank you." He attempted to lift himself but groaned in agony, and his sister rested her hand on his arm.

"Lie still," the Great Dragon instructed him.

"My head," Merlin mumbled, closing his eyes tightly.

"The Serket's poison is powerful. I have given you an enchantment that will help you heal. But it will take time."

"Time is what we don't have. We need to warn Arthur," Estelle spoke up and went to stand up but collapsed immediately back down. Her legs were still too weak to carry her.

Khilgharrah then shifted his eyes to her. "You need to rest now, young witch. Do not worry; there will be enough time for that."

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

The young Pendragon barged inside the physician's chambers after neither Merlin nor Estelle showed up in the morning. "Where is that half-wit and Estelle?"

Gaius looked up at him from the table with a slight frown. "Merlin?"

"I've got no socks, no breeches, and an archery session to go to," Arthur stated while stepping further into the room, carrying a crossbow in his right hand, "Merlin, Estelle!"

"I thought they were with you, sire," the physician told him in bewilderment, and the Prince frowned. It wasn't typical for both of them to not appear like that.

"What do you mean?" He asked, getting a bit worried.

"They didn't come home last night. I can't find them." Arthur's worry grew, numerous theories of what could have transpired running through his head. He was certain that Estelle wouldn't leave without telling him if everything was perfectly fine.