Aɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ·s Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ

It was late evening when the King of Camelot sat on the bed beside his wife, watching her sleep peacefully

It was late evening when the King of Camelot sat on the bed beside his wife, watching her sleep peacefully. He caressed her hair longingly, lightly moving the raven locks away from her forehead, careful not to disrupt her.

She had trouble sleeping the last couple of weeks, and even his presence wasn't helping, as nightmares always found her and disturbed her rest. Today, he consulted with the physician, who then made a sleeping draught for her, and now he was glad he did so, seeing it was working.

The sleeping beauty hypnotized him, but no matter how much he wanted to stay by her side, he knew he should get some work done, and so he stood up and moved over to the table, sighing at seeing the parchments scattered around.

He sat down, prepared to endure the long night and finish signing the documents so he could finally spend some time with Estelle tomorrow. What he truly didn't expect was to be soon disrupted by the news of princess Mithian's arrival.

"How is she?" Arthur asked Merlin, who had just arrived in the chambers, keeping his voice low since the witch had yet to wake up.

"She's weak, and she's clearly exhausted," the warlock informed him from where he stood by the doorway, "But she'll live."

"Good," Arthur stated with a nod, prepared to stand up, "I'll speak to her at once."

Merlin, however, stopped him as soon as he approached the door. "Actually, no."

"Excuse me?"

"She's not to be disturbed until morning," his manservant explained to him, rehearsing Gaius' words.

"This is important," the blond insisted, waving him off as he went to step around, but was stopped again.

"And so is the health of the Princess."

Arthur furrowed his brows, his eyes narrowed as he straightened up, staring at his wife's brother. "Did you just give me an order?"

"Yes," Merlin answered, "Sire."

"Feels good, doesn't it?" The Pendragon queried in an ironic manner.

"It's," the warlock began, choosing his words carefully, "Not unpleasant." He watched in confusion as Arthur gave up and returned to his seat, rubbing his jaw. "Arthur?"

"To ride all through the night," the blond pointed out, his voice heavy, "Something must have happened."

Merlin sighed, agreeing that Mithian probably had a very good reason to arrive in Camelot. However, his eyes strayed to his sleeping sister and since he didn't want to risk waking her, he only offered the King an understanding look. "We'll know more in the morning. Sure."