Tʜᴇ Mᴀʀᴋ ᴏғ Nɪᴍᴜᴇʜ

The day after the feast, Sir Ewan approached the Prince's maid, letting her know that he noticed what she did with Valiant at the audience, but will keep it a secret for her sake

The day after the feast, Sir Ewan approached the Prince's maid, letting her know that he noticed what she did with Valiant at the audience, but will keep it a secret for her sake. Soon after she realised that he could be trusted and had no ill intentions, Merlin too revealed himself to him, despite their uncle's protest as he deemed it unwise.

As for Ewan, soon after he promised to keep their secret safe, he quickly befriended both siblings. He seemed to get along with both just fine.

A few days passed by. It was quite peaceful since no one had tried to assassinate the Prince for the past few weeks, though the opposite wouldn't bother her either way. In fact, she would lend them a hand since the Pendragon was getting on her nerves.

The girl with raven hair was currently walking beside Ewan to the training grounds. She didn't like that she couldn't stay and watch, but someone had to look after Merlin, so he wouldn't get himself into trouble.

 Besides, Arthur, for an unknown reason, disagreed with her spending too much time with the knight. She didn't understand why and couldn't care less about his opinion, but still, she rather avoided him and the topic.

The witch stopped bringing him his meals, leaving Merlin do it instead. She was quite positive that she had a perfect reason to be angry at him.

He had no right to dictate to her whether or not she could spend her time with someone close, and even when he tried to numerous times, she didn't listen anyway. His attitude only caused her irritation to grow.

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

Estelle squinted as particles of dust flew her way when the Great Dragon landed in front of her. The cave now seemed much more welcoming than the first time she visited.

"The young witch returns at last," his deep voice resonated through the cave, "What do you seek from me?" 

The answer to that question was quite obvious. Estelle took a deep breath, feeling a little nervous. "Well, answers I suppose," she stated nervously.

The dragon tilted his head at her and laughed, the sound reverberating through the empty space. "I knew you wouldn't stay away for too long," he asserted, "Go ahead, ask what you want, and I shall answer."

The girl smiled at that and sat down in front of him, not worrying about her dress getting dirty. "Earlier, you said something about our destinies. How we can neither choose it nor escape it. What did you mean by it?" 

"Arthur is the one side of the coin, and Merlin is the other one. With Merlin's help, the young Prince will face and defeat many foes," he revealed to her, "But you, as well play a very important role, perhaps even more so."