A Lᴇssᴏɴ Iɴ Vᴇɴɢᴇᴀɴᴄᴇ

So I'm wondering. I've rewritten some of the mature scenes from previous chapters. (A few of which are already edited while the rest is not.) I understand that some may not be comfortable reading such content, and so I want to ask if you'd want me to include it in this story and edit each chapter involved, so that there will be warning at the beginning of each? Or I could just make bonus chapters.

Also this one is unedited, and for that I wish to apologise. Otherwise It'd take me much longer to update. I sincerely hope ya'll enjoy it either way.

Estelle was quick to forfeit her initial plan to have a peaceful morning with her son when she heard of what occurred on Arthur's morning ride

Estelle was quick to forfeit her initial plan to have a peaceful morning with her son when she heard of what occurred on Arthur's morning ride. They were meant to go together, but unfortunately the court physician advised her otherwise, and so she stayed in the palace with her son while her husband set to go either way. By what her brother said, his reasons had something to do with the fact that it was their anniversary, and the Pendragon wanted to get her a wholesome gift. 

The guards bowed and stepped out of her way as she passed, not paying much attention to them, nor the knights, who followed her with worried glances. However none of them stopped her since they knew she wouldn't rest until she could see with her own eyes that their King was well.

The moment she arrived at the physician's chambers, her heartbeat calmed. Her blue orbs immediately locked on the blond sitting down on one of the chairs, being treated by her uncle. "Arthur," she breathed out, her voice filled with relief. She was quick to close the distance between them, unable to stop the tears from filling her eyes. "Are you hurt?" 

Arthur caught her hands as soon as she was within his reach, squeezing them comfortingly. He offered her a reassuring smile after he had perceived her distress.  "It's just a bruise and a small cut. I'm fine other than that," he replied softly to her question, his thumbs brushing her skin.

"You're fortunate, sire. A fall like that, you could have broken your neck." The Pendragon shot a look to the physician, deeming this as uncalled for while the witch froze, her eyes wide. But her attention shot to her husband when he squeezed her hands again before leading her to rest them on his shoulder. 

She offered him a feeble smile, lightly kneading his shoulder with her palm while the other rested on his bicep. He sighed and leaned against the back of the chair, relishing in her tender touch. It brought him a sense of certainty and peacefulness. With her, he was at home, safe and sound.

Gaius, realising his mistake, returned to bandaging the cut on the King's injured arm. "Have the men who attacked us been questioned?" 

"I'm sorry, sire, their wounds were fatal," the older man reported ruefully while tying a knot on the dressing that now covered the cleaned wound, "We were unable to learn anything from them."