Tʜᴇ Sᴡᴏʀᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴘᴛ.₂

This time I got you a whole video along with the GIF! Am I not amazing? Ik, I'm not. Nobody is amazing, but I don't care really, because you're all are amazing since I just said so. ♥

But to watch it, you have to read the chapter first since it's way down at the bottom of the page.

Also, the cover of this book has changed again... This time for good (hopefully). I'm actually quite proud of myself for making this one with only a little help from my friend. I just don't know my way around in PS.

Enough of that, enjoy the new chapter!

Estelle couldn't fall asleep at all during the night

Estelle couldn't fall asleep at all during the night. Partially because she was worried for Arthur as he was taking their situation badly and it seemed that he had no faith in himself left. It hurt her to see him in pain, but her comforting words weren't helping anymore.

And then again, even she now couldn't think positively. Her heart was torturing her for leaving her son in Ealdor without even saying anything to him, in spite of her knowing that it was the right thing to do. But that didn't make her feel any better about it.

She stood by the small river of water in the forest of Ascetir, staring down at the running water as it hit the small rocks.

"Are you hiding from me?"

She spun around at hearing Arthur's voice and smiled through the tears that glistened in her eyes. "If it was so, I obviously failed," she mumbled, glancing away since her facade fell.

His brows drawn together in a deep frown, he wrapped her in his embrace since she ran up to him. "Is it because of William?"

His arms around her succeeded in making her feel better, but only for a moment. God, she would have cried her heart out if it would help, but it would possibly just make her feel worse. "I just miss him," she whispered, not able to keep the tears at bay as they rolled down her face.

"I miss him as well, Stell. But it's safer for him this way. Once this is over, we'll be together again. I promise you." He knew that no matter how much he was doubting himself, as long as Estelle believed in him, nothing would defeat him. "We can stay in Ealdor or anywhere else, really. I mind nothing, as long as I have the two of you."

In the meantime, Merlin, who went to speak with Arthur as he noticed the Pendragon's downcast mood, stopped farther away, seeing that his encouragement wasn't needed any longer. After exchanging a look with his sister, he left them alone and walked back to their camp.

"Arthur-" Arthur stopped her from saying anything, placing his thumb on her lips.

"It'll be for the best if someone else rules," he whispered and placed a kiss on her forehead, all the while keeping her close.