Aʀᴛʜᴜʀ·s Bᴀɴᴇ

I wrote this one mostly from Estelle's side since... I just decided so. Sorry, I don't have a reason for everything. :D

Also sorry for taking so long with this one, but I started playing Skyrim again and, well... Too many mods... I wanted too much from my PC and it kinda broke and I lost the entire chapter, so I had to rewrite it whole... D: So I'm sorry for the long wait, and I hope I didn't forget anything. xd

Years passed, and the kingdom was prospering under its young rulers

Years passed, and the kingdom was prospering under its young rulers. The people of every standing came to love and respect the sovereigns, the word of their kindness and justice spreading across the lands, inspiring the people that needed help not to be afraid to ask for it.

But as usual in Camelot, the good things didn't last for long.

Estelle laughed as she walked by Morgana's side through the castle, their arms linked. She knew that she was already running late and everyone was probably waiting only for her, but with that in mind, she considered it unnecessary to hurry.

For the first time in a few weeks, she felt somewhat at ease and was able to get her mind off the bad things that plagued her mind. As if it wasn't bad enough that Gwaine and Percival disappeared on their quest without a trace, visions haunted her nights, ones she feared to acknowledge.

They arrived at the chamber just in time to see Merlin and the King arguing over something, and Elle smiled at Gana before letting go of her as she approached the men. She had to clear her throat to gain their attention, stopping her husband in the middle of a sentence as they both turned her way.

"Stell," Arthur addressed her with a welcoming smile as he helped her down the last few stairs, grasping her hand in his. He was glad to see her smiling since to him, she seemed too gloomy lately, and albeit she was quite good at concealing her true feelings, he could see straight through the facade.

"Forgive me for being so late," she apologised, smiling at the guards, who bowed as she passed by, "I lost the track of time."

"Nonsense. You can never be late," he assured her sweetly, going against everything he just scolded Merlin for, "We have plenty of time." He offered her his arm, smiling as she linked hers through his. "I'm glad to see you smiling for once... You are beautiful."

She blushed and stood up on her tiptoes to peck his cheek. "Well, I have plenty of reasons to smile. For once, I'm with you now."

His other hand caressed her cheek lovingly, his eyes staying locked with hers for a tad more. Her words, and the way her voice lowered as she spoke, caused him to warm up immediately.