Tʜᴇ Cᴀsᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ Fʏʀɪᴇɴ

Estelle's eyes fluttered open, her head throbbing as she tried to take in her surroundings

Estelle's eyes fluttered open, her head throbbing as she tried to take in her surroundings. It took her a moment to realise that unfamiliar men were dragging her to an unknown castle. And when she fully came to her senses, she was being thrown onto the floor with Guinevere right behind her.

The room was anything but welcoming, its stone walls, same as the ground, seemingly cold, though their kidnappers had the decency to throw them on the fur of some poor animal instead of the floor. The witch instantly rose to her feet, almost too quickly, and stumbled a bit since whatever they used to put her asleep still had an effect on her.

"Estelle and Guinevere!" A man that she only now noticed addressed them in a low, raspy voice from where he sat in front of them, a dagger and an apple in his hands. His dark brown hair reached just above his shoulders. His eyes looked dark, menacing. He stood up as both women looked his way, slowly making his way ahead, straightforward to them while throwing the apple to another man.

He neared the raven-haired girl, the dagger still in his hands, but she didn't move even by an inch, knowing that Gwen was still behind her, and even though the men that brought them were still present, she at least chose to shield her friend from whoever the dark-haired man was, understanding he was their leader.

He grabbed her hands and cut the rope that tied her together, paying attention to how she will react. Despite trying to maintain a placid expression, she exhaled deeply, glad that her life hadn't ended so suddenly.

"I trust you had a pleasant journey?" His face displayed a certain amount of entertainment, perhaps at her composed exterior, which caused the witch to glare; meanwhile, another man untied the blacksmith's daughter, who was almost trembling with fear.

"Being kidnapped is far from pleasant, isn't it?" Estelle retorted before helping her friend to her feet, briefly checking her for injuries. She had no idea where they were or what these people wanted with them, but her priority was to secure Gwen was safe.

The dark-skinned girl looked just as the witch felt. Completely terrified.

"For what reason have you brought us here?" Elle questioned once redirecting her attention back to the man, striving not to seem fearful.

"I have a guest. I thought Guinevere here might like to meet him." She frowned, glancing at the Lady Morgana's maid as the door opened and in came two men, dragging a person with a bag on his head with them.

They made him kneel next to Gwen before they took away the bag, and the maid gasped in surprise. "Elyan!"