Tʜᴇ Cʜᴀɴɢᴇʟɪɴɢ

The siblings accompanied the Crown Prince of Camelot to the great hall where a crowd of people were already gathered, their gossips fling the otherwise silent atmosphere

The siblings accompanied the Crown Prince of Camelot to the great hall where a crowd of people were already gathered, their gossips fling the otherwise silent atmosphere. As Arthur approached his father, they stepped to the side, melting in with the rest of the people

"Arthur, it is an exciting day!" The King of Camelot proclaimed loudly, clasping his hands together. His son turned towards him with a smile as he came to stand in front of his seat.

"The arrival of Lord Godwyn is always a cause for celebration," he asserted as his father beamed with happiness, trying not to sound as agitated as he was. He had an idea of why there was suddenly such a fuss about their guests.

Uther peered at his son, adding, "And Princess Elena."

Arthur's smile turned into a thin one as he glanced away. "Yes," he muttered, hoping to quickly diver the topic. He feared for what his father wished to come out of this.

"I hear she's something of a beauty," the older man continued, completely neglecting how his son tensed at the statement. Though being careful with approaching the subject of marriage prior to this day, he thought Arthur ready now.

"Really?" The Prince inquired, his gaze darting around the room. There was only one who was truly beautiful in his eyes; the witch. If there was a being that could represent the meaning of beauty, it was her.

She captivated him like no other, and he was sure that no princess could ever change that. His heart belonged only to Estelle.

"Oh, yes," Uther responded with a beaming expression, "Beautiful, charming, witty, strategic."

This made Arthur peer at his father, his brows pulled together at his choice of words. "Strategic?" He reiterated after him, conflict beginning to show in his bright blue orbs.

"I've always thought so," his parent began, "Well, we have always thought so. That is, Lord Godwyn and myself." Uther seemed quite p oud to state so and quickly spoke furthermore to prevent any confusion, "That is, he finds you strategic, not Princess Elena."

Completely dismissing how nervous the King seemed, the blond fully spun towards him with a quizzical look, the smile he tried to maintain fell from his face. "He finds me strategic?"

"Oh, yes," his father hummed in assessment.

Arthur arched an eyebrow at his father's response. "And beautiful?"

Uther's eyes drifted to his face, wide in alert as he realised what he just accidentally said and both of them turned their heads towards the door as they opened with a loud screech.