Bᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ Bᴇᴀsᴛ

Estelle stood beside the Prince's chair in a throne room

Estelle stood beside the Prince's chair in a throne room. "Lady Catrina, is it really you?" Uther stood up as a woman approached him.

"I can hardly believe it myself," the woman responded, curtsying slightly.

"We had tidings from the north that the House of Tregor had fallen to invaders," the older Pendragon asserted, observing the woman in front of him.

"All that you heard was true, my lord, and worse," she told him in a shaky voice. 

 "But your father, the King," Uther started, but Catrina shook her head.

"Gone, sire. The enemy attacked without warning. We were outnumbered five to one. He could not endure. I would never have survived if had it not been for my faithful servant, Jonas." She turned her head to look at the servant, who stood behind her.

"But we did survive. And we have made it this far," she stated breathlessly and almost fell to the ground, but the King caught her, "Forgive me, my lord. I fear my trials have taken their toll."

Uther offered her a compassionate look as she stayed in his arms. "Your sufferings are beyond imagining, my lady. It would be an honour to help you in any way we can." 

"A bed for the night would be most welcome," she replied, gazing into his eyes.

"Then consider yourselves as our esteemed guests. It's the least what we can do," the King stated, his gaze shifting between her and Jonas.

"Thank you," she whispered with a faint smile.

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

"She's very brave," Merlin comment walking beside his sister as they followed Gaius through the corridor.

"Yes," the physician answered, and the witch gave him a curious look, noticing his expression.

"It sounds terrible, what she's been through," the warlock continued.

"Terrible indeed." Estelle frowned, and even Merlin took a hint that something's off.

"What's wrong?" She questioned their guardian, who turned his head towards her.

"Nothing," he responded quickly. Her frown deepened, and she went to ask further, but a voice interrupted her.

"Merlin!" All three of them turned their heads in the direction it came from as the Prince appeared on the other side of the hallway. "Job for you," he shouted, which caused the warlock to sigh and look at his sister and Gaius.